Steamers we need...and Bachmann can make it !!!

Started by SFREAK, March 04, 2011, 06:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFREAK

Big Layouts & Big N scale locomotives-
in the last years all types of running diesel power were make by different
brands in N Scale - and the old timers ???
The good old timers & Locos I'm missing:
2-4-0
2-6-0
2-8-0 OT with a driveshaft running from the tender into the cab
-
The last run of 4-4-0 come with high quality paint jobs, blackened wheels
& knuckle coupler on tender and running markedly better than the older ones
This new Quality  ...
2-6-6-2T for logging Railroads
and a Wood Burner Tender ...
And new types are welcome:
0-4-4T  Forney
a better running 0-4-0 & 0-4-0T
OT 0-6-0  &  2-6-2T
The  GE44Ton - Drive whit a Climax -FullCab- shell
or   GE44Ton - Drive with a Boxcab - Shell
Please help Bachmann and added the missing Links  in N Scale !!!

hoboblues75

I would give anything for them to add some 0-4-0T or some 0-6-0T.

ericw95

as far as I'm concerned, I'd just be happy with a 4-6-2 k4 available in a couple of railroad names. Something from PRR would be nice as there is very little in n scale (i live right near old PRR tracks).

sp4449lover

Quote from: ericw95 on March 05, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
as far as I'm concerned, I'd just be happy with a 4-6-4 k4 available in a couple of railroad names. Something from PRR would be nice as there is very little in n scale (i live right near old PRR tracks).

don't u mean 4-6-2? i don't think prr had hudsons

tweetsieengineer

I could go for a heavy 4-6-2. Perhaps make different shells for multiple roads. Id definitely would like to see a Southern PS-4.
Tim Smith,

eric220

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but one more vote for a heavy pacific with a K4 shell.
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

David Leonard

Atlas and MDC/Athearn make old time 2-6-0's, and MDC/Athearn makes an old time 2-8-0, but maybe you mean 19th century, which would be the Atlas Mogul.

Ooooh, a PRR K4! Wonder why I didn't think of that.  :D

SFREAK

Yes - big steamers are nice with sound and DCC ... or not

So different brands on market  and  many heavy steamers run ..
I want the steamers they build  the American railroads !!!
The Bachmann 4-4-0  and the Atlas 2-6-0  are the real Oldtimers !
A ModelPower 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 & Athearn 2-6-0 and 2-8-0 are nice running
& looking Models and a little to late . .
I want Steamers before and after the Civil War - that is my Time ...
...there are a lot of steamers to build ...
There is only one question - can Bachmann build this little machines ???
Bachmann has a New 0-4-0 in HO  -  WHY not also  in N-Scale ???
A new mechanism with prototypical  48" diameter drivers and a 5- or 3-pole, skew-wound motor.
possible is also a  0-4-0T...

Albert in N

My little Bachmann prairie (2-6-2) runs well and is cute.  However, an updated version with headlight, working couplers, and blackened brass side wheel wipes (and motor frame mount) would be appreciated.  Also, it would be nice to see quality control (test run a few at intervals before shipping).

tweetsieengineer

Besides needing a heavy pacific, how about releasing that russian 2-10-0 that was canceled along with the 4-6-0 that has now been released. 
Tim Smith,

dtpowell

Mid sized steam locomotives have been neglected far too long. Sorry Bachmann, but the 4-6-0 has been disappointment for me for last years offering. A larger B&O type B17 4-6-0 or similar, I believe, would have suited me and maybe others better. This year I'm hoping for Pacific's (K4, P7, or whatever) Mikado's, and maybe a new road no. for the heavy mountain, B&O T-3/T-4 w/ a Vanderbilt or square tender. These would make me happy.

in_eden

The B&O T3/T4 should be a no brainer... if they are going to continue producing the Heavy Mountain, why not offer it in B&O.
The real want/need for many of us is a heavy pacific. K4, P7 for me, NYC, ATSF, SP, Southern, CP, Erie, C&NW, MLW, Boston & Maine... all ran very similar heavy 4-6-2's based on one (ALCO 55,000) prototype.
A Reading T1 would be nice... NYC Niagra while we're on Northerns...
How about an NYC Mohawk out of the Heavy Mountain? You'd need a tender... but really a B&O P7 needs a bigger tender too...

extrucker

i have 1 of the news 4/6/0 with dcc it runs good only complaint  is the traction wheel should be move their in the front  when i hook up more then 3 heavy passage  cars  it slips Even on flat layout but it Will pull 7 f8 cars ok

dtpowell

I don't know how much technology is shared between the Bachmann divisions. Not that this will make much of a difference here, but Graham Farish has announced they will be producing the A1 PEPPERCORN 4-6-2. The problem with the technology exchange here is that the Graham Farish Loco is tender driven. Not too much help for the American market, but I remain hopeful for an American 4-6-2 too.