News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New numbers????

Started by mike d, March 04, 2011, 05:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike d

I see the U.P. E7B's have been rerun in the 2011 catalog.  Have they been run in a new number with this latest release?

MAPA JCT

I doubt it.  It order to apply a NEW number, a NEW mask will have to be made. This process is VERY expensive and I doubt Bachmann would go to this expense for just a number change.

mike d

Marty I appreciate your response. I have the Williams Union Pacific GP-9 in four different numbers and I know of two other numbers for a total of six different numbers on that model. I have three Williams Union Pacific U33C's with different numbers. All of the other manufacturers and (and Williams in years past) run new numbers all the time. I don't see the price getting that much higher just to do a number change in the last few years.

MAPA JCT

Now that I think about, yes, numbers do get changed, but not every year. That's what I was really thinking about.  Perhaps"the Bachmann can answer this one. I don't have one to look at, to see what'number is on on it.

the Bach-man

Dear MAPA,
I'll leave this one for Three Rail...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

3rail

Mike,

We will change cab numbers, but it is definitely not going to happen every year.  You will know the cab number is different when we change the item number.

Best Regards,

3rail

Cobrabob8

I would also like to run multiples of my F units and Geeps on my layout on seperate tracks but with different cab numbers.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

phillyreading

Maybe you can do what they do in H.O. and that is to change the cab number or road numbers on freight cars with stencils or a re-paint job.

A zero or three or nine can easily be changed to an eight with stencils.
This is an idea, not saying that you must do this.

Lee F.

mike d

Quote from: phillyreading on April 12, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
Maybe you can do what they do in H.O. and that is to change the cab number or road numbers on freight cars with stencils or a re-paint job.

A zero or three or nine can easily be changed to an eight with stencils.
This is an idea, not saying that you must do this.

Lee F.

I did this on my WBB streamliners. The numbers were small enough that the renumbering isn't noticeable. The numbers on the E7's are too large for me to try. The black outline on the red numbers would also make it difficult. I'll just have to wait a few years to get that second B-unit.

phillyreading

I changed a Conrail caboose over to FEC lettering with FEC blue paint and some stencils for FEC(Florida East Coast). I left the don't make crossings deadly decal in place from Conrail. The caboose may not be proto-typical but I like it better with FEC on the side.

Lee F.