News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photo Gallery

Started by ThomasFan247, March 13, 2011, 11:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

Ls is so much more fun. It is a lot bigger and that was it is more like a real railroad.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: BillingsRR on March 14, 2011, 08:00:23 PM
Ls is so much more fun. It is a lot bigger and that was it is more like a real railroad.
Maybe I can build a small set for LS...if not, I'll just have to wait till I move out of the house once I turn 22 (I'm hoping to stay home through college). 8 more years to go...yayy :P

BillingsRR

I have plans on buying a home after high school and working for Amtrak. Thats my plan, so for me, 5 more years to go!

Bucksco

Very nice photography!

ThomasFan247

Jamie the engine

I love those pictures ThomasFan247! My favourite is the James and the Toby one because they look like promo shots from the TV series. You have such a well done layout as well.
A suggestion for the Thomas board. Fights seen to start easily here and it just doesn't look good on the forum, so can we please stop them occuring? Anyway when you think about, it's pretty silly because anyone involved is fighting about a model train range based on a children's show!

branmas

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 14, 2011, 06:55:04 PM
More pics:

(This one is a repeat.)

awesome. like em alot

PerfectPercy

Post some pics of your layout in the layout thread. I'm interested to see the entirety of it. Three questions:

1. How did you manage/what is your method for such successful painting of the coupling hooks on Thomas, Percy, James, Henry, Gordon, and Toby? I am contemplating doing this myself.

2. How did you manage to paint James' smoke-box so neatly? I have had a go at it, but it doesn't look exactly right. Due to the faulty decals, I am also now without the black lining for James' wheel-arches as well (I'm looking into decal paper.).

3. What did you do for the rear coupling on Percy?! I'm sad that Bachmann didn't put it on there in the first place.

Some clarity would be great.

Much appreciated and happy modelling
PerfectPercy

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PerfectPercy on March 16, 2011, 07:50:08 PM
Post some pics of your layout in the layout thread. I'm interested to see the entirety of it. Three questions:

1. How did you manage/what is your method for such successful painting of the coupling hooks on Thomas, Percy, James, Henry, Gordon, and Toby? I am contemplating doing this myself.

2. How did you manage to paint James' smoke-box so neatly? I have had a go at it, but it doesn't look exactly right. Due to the faulty decals, I am also now without the black lining for James' wheel-arches as well (I'm looking into decal paper.).

3. What did you do for the rear coupling on Percy?! I'm sad that Bachmann didn't put it on there in the first place.

PerfectPercy
Once my layout is complete, which I'm hoping to be done next weekend, I will have tons of pictures posted ;)

1. I took a very small amount of red acrylic paint on a paint brush and brushed it over the entire hook. I repeated this until there is a solid coat. Then I take another very small amount of paint, this time black, and paint it on the hook OR I use a black sharpie marker.

2. Back in 2009 I used a black sharpie to "paint" his smoke box and wheels. I masked the surrounding are with regular tape, but the tape was out of place and the line on one side of his smoke box is a little crooked :P

3. My 12 year old cousin stepped on my Annie when he was 8, so I had an old Annie chassis laying around. I used my Dremel (small hand-held saw) and cut the coupler off and super glued it onto his back foot plate. Then I painted it as I did with all my other engines.

Hope this helps! And I'll be glad to answer any questions! Also, thanks for all the comments everybody!! :D

branmas

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 16, 2011, 09:01:21 PM
Post some pics of your layout in the layout thread. I'm interested to see the entirety of it.                                                     
Once my layout is complete, which I'm hoping to be done next weekend, I will have tons of pictures posted ;)
1. i would like to share my plan but cant, sorry. 2.cool                                             

thomasj219

Uh sure, ok, and if you listen very carefully you will hear the familiar sound of no one caring.

Anyway Butch has his first speaking role tomorrow.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Mulfred

Yeah after like 10 season we all get to hear butch speak. By the way Thomasfan247 Awasome pictures. They look amazing. Real talent.  ;D

PerfectPercy

PerfectPercy

1. I took a very small amount of red acrylic paint on a paint brush and brushed it over the entire hook. I repeated this until there is a solid coat. Then I take another very small amount of paint, this time black, and paint it on the hook OR I use a black sharpie marker.

2. Back in 2009 I used a black sharpie to "paint" his smoke box and wheels. I masked the surrounding are with regular tape, but the tape was out of place and the line on one side of his smoke box is a little crooked :P

3. My 12 year old cousin stepped on my Annie when he was 8, so I had an old Annie chassis laying around. I used my Dremel (small hand-held saw) and cut the coupler off and super glued it onto his back foot plate. Then I painted it as I did with all my other engines.

Hope this helps! And I'll be glad to answer any questions! Also, thanks for all the comments everybody!! :D

Much appreciated, sir. Now I can have a go at the couplings once I get around to finishing up James. ::) I also noticed how you painted Annie and Clarabel's chassis-es black. That is next on my list as well. As for the hint of more pictures to come, I can't wait. Some layout pics would be nice. You seem to have a good hand at scenery.

TobyTheTram16

Where did you get that signal from ? and awsome layout.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Mulfred on March 17, 2011, 04:54:43 PM
Yeah after like 10 season we all get to hear butch speak. By the way Thomasfan247 Awasome pictures. They look amazing. Real talent.  ;D
Thanks!  ;D
Quote from: PerfectPercy on March 17, 2011, 06:08:11 PM

PerfectPercy

Much appreciated, sir. Now I can have a go at the couplings once I get around to finishing up James. ::) I also noticed how you painted Annie and Clarabel's chassis-es black. That is next on my list as well. As for the hint of more pictures to come, I can't wait. Some layout pics would be nice. You seem to have a good hand at scenery.
Again, thanks! By the way, the layout should be completed by this Saturday, so you can expect new pictures this week!
Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on March 17, 2011, 07:53:57 PM
Where did you get that signal from ? and awsome layout.
The signal was from a Tomy/Tomica Thomas set. I don't remember what it was called, but it was the one that included Thomas, Percy, black Troublesome Trucks, Elizabeth, Elsbridge station with the working crossing, and the station that made Caroline swivel when the tracks were set to 'Stop.'