E-Z Track Remote turnout power requirements

Started by taadkins, March 15, 2011, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taadkins

What with or how do you power the E-Z track remote turnout solenoids.

My DCC controller has female plugs for; DC connection; for track power and a loco-link.

I have five turnout switches which I can gang connect (via the left sides]; with the green control wire going into the top connection; & power goes to the left hand side connection.

How much power is needed for each switch?

Is there a wall wart to handle this function?

Thanks...Tim

Doneldon

taad-

You can use any roughly 16v AC or DC power supply. The EZ DCC has no auxiliary outputs so you'll need another power pack or a surplus wall wart from some other item. Just cut off the plug, connect each wire to a wire in the red power cable and connect that to the first input on your row of switch controls. Remember that you can turn the green wires over to reverse the operation of the controlled switch. For example, it's conventional that the straight through leg of a switch is for the main line with the switched position leading to the secondary track, siding or spur. If you want to do that but one or more switches is opposite your intent, just turn over the green connector wire.
                                                                                                  -- D

taadkins