News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZ Cont. with Digitrax DZ125

Started by Cessna101, March 16, 2011, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

The Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center sends 28 speed step commands to the decoder for it to use. You can not change the E-Z Command Control Center to send another speed step command.

The E-Z Command Dynamis can be programmed to send 14, 28 or 128 speed step commands to a decoder.
Click Here for PDF of the Dynamis User Guide. Read 4. Changing locomotive decoder speed steps on page 12

Now reread my reply Click Here

Dynamis can program CVs using their number, The E-Z Command Control Center is limited to programming indirectly just CVs that control some decoder addresses and direction of travel. Also with the E-Z Command Control Center you are limited to using a few decoder addresses. There are more differences between the capabilities of the two Bachmann DCC systems.

Jim Banner

For me, this has been a very interesting thread.  I did some tests tonight on the subject of the E-Z Command working with a Digitrax DZ123 decoder (similar to the DZ125 except no BEMF control.)  The tests gave some surprising results.  You may like to read about them on the General Discussion Board at this link:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,16698.msg134599.html#msg134599

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.