News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another 'WANTED' plea...

Started by joegideon, March 19, 2011, 02:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegideon

I see that Bachmann evidently has released a Baldwin 4-4-0.  Great!  I guess.  I mean, I'm glad to see it(-if, indeed it proves to be an accurate BLW... The wheelbase makes it look like it may be a warmed over Richmond).  Who knows?  Maybe it was just an easy one, given the existence of the previous Richmond models... But what I would really like to see... is a Mogul of the same era.  Maybe start with a B. & M. B15 or a New York Central.  Model Power has N scale 4-4-0s and 2-6-0s using a single (NYC 2-6-0) superstructure; for the freelancers, they include, with undecorated models, a bag of parts including a high-headlight smokebox front, a second cab with arched windows- as orig. built.- piston valve cylinders and switching pilot.  One can create an amaazing array of "looks" with theswe few parts.  Who knows, right?  almost all the Eastern roads used 2-6-0s that were similar.  My guess is, however, that most would wear freelance 'colors'. 

Also, I re-iterate my plea for an A-1 style 2-8-4.  With that chassis and boiler, I.C. , C&NW, TH&B/B&A, ACL, B&M, SP and AT&SF(-both of whom bought the Boston and Maine's) and more all used early copies of the original Lima A1 2-8-4.  I remember how amazed I was when I heard that Bachmann was doing yet another Van Swearingen 2-8-4.  As a matter of fact, the day I read about it, Proto 2000 NKP and C&O Berks were on sale at one of the big places for $99.95.