News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Command system upgrades

Started by Norman123, June 01, 2011, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman123

Is it possible to upgrade the basic 1 amp command center with the 5 amp booster? how does one do this, do you just run the booster to the track or plug in to the 16 V input on the controler? The controler input says 16 V and only 1 amp. Will pluging in a booster  directly overload it or burn it up? I am very new to DCC and just got the system today.

ACY

You can use the booster in conjunction with either the E-Z Command system or Dynamis system. The connector without bare wires on either end goes between the booster and E-Z Command, make sure you have it set to HO/N scale or O/large scale depending on what you're running. Then use the other connector to go from the booster to the track, use the Bachmann connector if you have E-Z track.

ACY

I got my two Bachmann boosters for $80 and $100 including shipping on ebay back in 2007 or so, they were both new from the Favorite Spot.

ripvanwnkl

I added the 5 amp booster to my EZ Command (including Walk-Around Companion) and EZ Track layout a few years ago.  Full hookup instructions were included and it was easy to connect to track and EZ Command Control.   It's been great for my grandson and me to run multi-loco consisted DCC/sound freight and passenger trains with a lot of lighted cars.  Current best price I find from discount retailer is @$180.00 - Model Train Stuff (MB Klein).  Could find it cheaper on EBay. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)