News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann John Bull

Started by wjr 65, March 19, 2011, 08:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjr 65

Greetings   I am brand new to this forum.  Irecently got a Bachmann John BULL train set on ebay. It ran great for a couple of days. It started to smoke and quit
  Can someone tell me how to get the shell off the tender.

richg

As I recall when pulling mine apart, it is a press fit but you will accomplish nothing. The motors are not repairable. These little locos are only for display. A few times at 100 mph and they fry or strip a gear.

Rich

WTierce1

You can get the replacement part.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

richg

Like I said, not worth the trouble though you can probably keep getting the replacement part until the first plastic gear strips a couple teeth.
Get a bad spot on the track, loco stops, turn up the power pack, push the loco a little, takes off, eventually strips the first plastic gear. Then it becomes a display model. Happened to mine.

Rich

railsider

Don't ever forget those wizards of Philadelphia! The Bachmann Repair Service will fix or replace any Bachmann-made loco when you mail it to them with $15 (I think that's still the price for steamers).

They are great, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. If only other companies would do the same ... ah, but of course, as Johann Sebastian (The Bach Man) will gently remind us, none of them are quite as good as Bachmann, now, are they?

Railsider