News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Attn: WBB, RE-F7

Started by davidone, March 22, 2011, 12:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

I think it is time to put the old Kusan/AMT tooling to rest and tool up for a new F7.  A lot of people i have talked to also wishes  you guys would replace the old F7 with a new version that is more accurate. I really want an F7 but refuse to buy what is being offered. I think it would be a win/win deal for WBB beings the F7 were on so many railroads and the fact that there is a pent up demand for the F7's. If they were made to same quality as the NS F3 units then there would be no doubts that it was the right move for both WBB and their customers.

Give it a thought,

Dave

tomplatten

I don't know--I like my AMT/WbB SF F-7. They are almost historical and a heck of alot cheaper than Lionel. Add to that they will run forever! When you put them on the front of a passenger train, they look great! So the front is a little flat---life goes on!

ripley manor

I have the lackawanna and b&o f7s. I like them better than the scale rubbish some companys put out. Please Bachmann leave them the way they are! I have 28 williams/wbb locos. I buy them because they run and run. the scale details are a secondary concern.

phillyreading

I have the Santa Fe and Pennsy versions of the Williams(pre-Bachmann) F-7 diesel set of A-B-A's, and they run very good. Only wish they had a second powered unit from the factory, they look great to me. I installed a second set of motors with the upgrade kit from Bachmann and now have the power I need to run the Santa Fe 'el Capitan' six car set of passenger cars.

If Bachmann would change the F-7's, it would increase the price of them as well because of new tooling needed to make new molds.

Lee F.

davidone

Come on guys, If the currant F7 actually looked like an F7 i would not have a problem with it but it does not. The WBB has done a much better job with the F3 and the E units but the F7 in my opinion is hideous. Maybe good for the time that Kusan and AMT used them but it is time for that tooling to go away or better yet i know where there is a crusher to help recycle it.  Time for a upgrade WBB.

Dave

ripley manor

if you don't like them, don't buy them. we like them, bought multiple units and will buy more. for those looking for more detail, maybe atlas or mth is the answer.

Mike_AA9ZY

I would like to see the F7's reissued in SOO line and CNW colors, butt-ugly or not.

ripley manor

I would go for the SOO & CNW reissues as well.

raider409

I have to agree with you Dave.  It can't be that much of a problem to redesign the nose to a more rounded prototypical cab design.  What say Bach-man and 3-rail???  Give your followers a little insight that we can look forward too.

cpkoltz2002

Burlington Graybacks,the Northern Pacific black Pine Tree scheme,Grand Trunk Western-I think all three would be good sellers.

DominicMazoch

AA9YZ:

Well, how about a red CGW.  You can say it just a merged into CNW!  (WBB, hint, hint!)

davidone

Quote from: ripley manor on March 27, 2011, 07:33:53 AM
if you don't like them, don't buy them. we like them, bought multiple units and will buy more. for those looking for more detail, maybe atlas or mth is the answer.

Look i really can't afford Atlas or MTH but i really like WBB and how they run and look. I have scale gg1's, E7's and F3's all by WBB. Now i would like an F7 that really looks as good as the others.  I love my WBB NS F3 and if i want more detail i will add it but I'm not looking for more detail from WBB (although that would be nice) but i just want the WBB F7 to look like an F7. Hey if you like the F7 as is then buy them but for me i will wait till they get them right.

Dave

Ron Sims

I own one Western Pacific F7. Not only is the nose too flat and wrong, but all of the windows are too big and just plain look wrong. Ask most dealers and they will tell you that they have to blow them out to sell them. I agree, its time to ditch the Kusan molds.

Ron

3rail

Dear All,

We are not going to modify the F-7 mold.  It is a historically significant model train mold and the cost to modify it is almost as much as a new mold. Additionally we would have to recreate all new paint masks for existing roadnames.  We will introduce new roads in the F-3 model and may re-issue some of the older F-7 roadnames sometime in the future.

Regards,

3rail

davidone

That's a shame because you know that it really needs an upgrade.  Believe me i know that tooling is expensive but i really do think that it would be a winning situation for WBB for years to come if the tooling was upgraded or replaced. Thank you for your answer and being forthright and honest in your answer. I guess i will have to look elsewhere for my F7's.

Dave