News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

PB-1 NYC

Started by rtraincollector, March 25, 2011, 05:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtraincollector

I got this the other day new in box still sealed in the shrink wrap from my dealer. It's supposedly according to your website and its packing list have one operating coupler and one non-operating coupler. This came with 2 non operating couplers. I sent an email to Bachmann service email address and no reply this has been about 2 weeks.

phillyreading

I can't say about the PB-1 NYC having both couplers as fixed couplers.
Do you mean PA-1 B unit?

The PA-1 B unit is supposed to have one operating and one fixed coupler acccording to the Williams product listing.

The F-7 B units have two fixed couplers, one on each end(pre-Bachmann).
The Baldwin shark B units by Williams(pre-Bachmann) have two operating couplers, one at each end, installed.
The reason I put pre Bachmann is that I don't know for sure what Bachmann is doing, but I have a version by Williams before the takeover happened.

Lee F.

rtraincollector

Thats what I'm talking about most call the B unit a PB-1 B for B-unit A for A-unit. I tried emailing them but haven't heard anything back . That was about 2 weeks ago. now i know there busy but to be honest i have only once gotten an email back from them and that told me to call them lol.

mike d

I have a PB-1, E7B and F7B. All have non-operating couplers on both ends. I guess because they would typically be used between two A-units with non-op couplers, there is no need to have operational couplers on the B-units. I think they make a short version of the operating couplers that could be installed on the B so you could run an AB set and be able to couple and uncouple the B from the rolling stock. I don't think the operating coupler is as short as the non-op coupler so you would probably have a very large gap between the B and the rolling stock or other loco if you were running ABA.

3rail

Dear All,

All B Units have 2 dummy couplers for close coupling of the units.  The instructions should correctly state this. We will have to fix the information in the website.

Regards,

3rail

rtraincollector

Kinda figured that as when I reread the parts list they had listed
293-E001 Operating coupler assembly                                 1
293-07-01B Non-Operating Coupler                                      2

My plans actually is to get mini commander from ERR and get coil couplers to go on this as its actually going behind an Lionel PA-1 with tmcc the paint isn't an exact match but I don't remember seeing exact matches when growing up as a child on the real thing. They look great running together. I also plan to paint the trucks on the Lionel to what I believe a realistic color of black which the Bachmann B-unit has
I also plan to add a light inside as effects to make it look like it has someone in there working.

Thanks again for your response.

Bill