News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

O-27 on hi-rail

Started by pennsy_paul, April 28, 2011, 01:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennsy_paul

Has anyone had experience with running the Bachmann O-27 F3s or F7s on Gargraves track and swithes?

jward

while i have no personal experience, the local hi-rail club layout uses gargraves track, and they have run williams locomotives on it with no problems. i think most if not all o27 locomotives will run on gargraves.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

OGReditor

I haven't used GarGraves switches, but have had no problems operating Williams locomotives on GarGraves or any other O gauge track.

phillyreading

Quote from: pennsy_paul on April 28, 2011, 01:51:10 PM
Has anyone had experience with running the Bachmann O-27 F3s or F7s on Gargraves track and swithes?

I run Williams SD-45's, F-7's, and GP-9's on Gargraves track and switches with no problems. Even my Santa Fe El Capitan passenger set, with F-7 A-B-A diesels, will go through the Gargraves switches without any problems.
The only thing that should not be put through a Gargraves switch is post war style electric uncoupling devices on Lionel and MTH rolling stock.
My Williams engines hate the newer Lionel switches, # 6-23010 & 23011, I have yet to figuire a way to get a Williams engine through the Lionel switches when the switches are powered up.

The only brand to give me problems with Gargraves switches are MTH engines.

Lee F.