News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NORFOLK AND WESTERN TOTALLY DEAD HELP!

Started by darticus, April 15, 2011, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

en4cer

Boy it doesn't take much to tick you guys off does it. Look I understand what you are saying and I give Bachmann credit for standing behind their products they way they do. I wouldn't be buying Bachmann products if I didn't think they made good products. Still the wording as to their policy is misleading in my opinion, now keep in mind this is MY opinion, that doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong or vice versa, I just feel that to offer a lifetime warranty whether it be full or limited and then charge a fee to use it isn't a lifetime warranty but a limited warranty. And to offer repairs or replacement beyond that warranty time for a flat rate fee is just good business. Bachmann isn't the only company that does that, there are several companies out there that offer repairs of their products for a flat rate fee and they don't call it a lifetime warranty but rather a "flat rate repair fee". I won't mention these companies names but will say that they are in the automotive tools business.
    I didn't mean to create a big issue I just wanted to offer my opinion on the warranty issue. I buy Bachmann products, I will continue to buy Bachmann products because I believe in them. I also recommend Bachmann products especially the Spectrum Series.  I apologize if I offended anyone.