News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New GP30 DCC - NOISY!!

Started by jimenezl, April 18, 2011, 07:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richg

I use Labelle 102 gear oil with a puff of 134 lubricating powder in gears and couplings. I think this now come in a single bottle also.
For oil, I use LaBelle 108 oil for bearings.
All I have is HO.

Rich

mf5117

I had bought a Bachmann DCC Santa Fe GP-30 .When I increased throttle it would whine until I got about mid throttle or 50% . When I started to decrease "slow down" the whine would come back until it came to a complete stop . It wouldn't do it either on DC power . I returned it ,and got another GP-30 same Locomotive ,and just had the normal noise you would here from a Bachmann decoder . The noise it makes at a nudge , just slowly starting . I've bought $30.00 to $100.00  DCC Bachmann Locomotive's and haven't had nothing but good luck with them . In HO that's all I run . I have put TCS decoders in a few Bachmann DC Locomotives and didn't like how they ran . I think Jim Banner recommended cutting out the caps on the board I never got around to doing that to see if that helped. I ventured off into Large Scale and haven't ran my HO layout lately .

jward

i've had good luck as well except for a pair of gp40s i picked up used at a train show. the decoders on both of them won't respond to any system i've tried (digitrax, nce, mrc prodigy) so i think i'll invest another $20 apiece and get decoders for them.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA