News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Closed Street Car Trailer?

Started by Anubis, April 28, 2011, 12:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Hello all,

Does Bachmann make a trailer to suit the closed street car?

I have a United Traction Co tram that is looking for a non-powered mate.... :D

Thank you.

:)

There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Hamish K

As far as I know Bachmann has never offered one - I would like to see it. As well as a closed trailer an open trailer could also be made. An open powered car, as in Large Scale, would  be nice as well, but may be more difficult in ON30.  While I would like all of these to be made a closed trailer should be easy to do and would be the obvious first priority here.

Hamish

max (uk)

Couldn't you just remove the motor chassis and replace it with a 4 wheeled wagon chassis? Take of the collector, add a coupling. It's more rewarding than just buying one.

Anubis

Hi Max and Hamish,

I think that I can easily modify a 'motor' tram into a trailer by, as you say, disconnecting the drive (or not) and removing the overhead power pole, but before I go ahead and do that, I just wanted to ascertain whether there were any RTR trailers already in existence.

I have already looked at the alternative of purchasing the parts that I need from Bachmann's range of spare parts (ie: body, roof, chassis, etc) but that works out even more expensive that purchasing another new motor tram.

To the work bench!! :D

Thanks, blokes.

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession