News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 4-6-0 halts on DCC crossover switch

Started by whizamit, April 29, 2011, 12:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whizamit

I recently bought a spectrum 4-6-0 that runs on DCC. It runs fine on the oval track but when it is in the center of the crossover switch, it momentarily halts completely and then starts again.
My other locos don't do this. The 4-6-0 does this with all the crossovers on my layout. Is there something wrong with the loco I got or is a 4-6-0 not able to negotiate the bachmann crossover switches?

The center frog of the crossover is not powered.

Thanks

ACY

Are your other locos DCC and do you use a DCC system. Any other other relavent info?

timhar47

Hello - I just had this with my DCC 2-10-2 - if you run it slow, mine stopped when the front tender truck hit the frog. Problem - there was no continuity from the Steam Engine + side, back to the Tender + side.
This can be the engine wheels pickup bad, or the tender wheel pickup bad, or, like mine was, it was in the little plugs for the wires between the engine and tender.
Take it back to where you got it for a swap out, quicker than dealing with Bachmann, this would be a warranty issue.
Mine went from stalling, to having the headlight flash 11 times (motor crossed), and it would no longer run forward. Bachmann replaced it as my hobby shop had no more of the engine in stock.
Tim