Wiring Relay Reverse Board to Start in Neutral

Started by the nitro man, May 07, 2011, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nitro man

i found the Instructions for Wiring Relay Reverse Board to Start in Neutral. my question is, have any of you done this? do you have a picture of the board after it's done? i think i know how it is said to be done, but i just want to make sure before i screw my board up.

cut 1 & 2 from side "a", nothing goes back into side "a" for either 1 or 2 correct? then 1 to 7 & 2 to 2. are they long enough, or is a jumper wire needed? thanks & sorry if this is confusing.

http://www.williamstrains.com/HTML/Instruct-Neutral.htm

Joe Satnik

NM,

Correct, nothing touches the board. 

Find someone with circuit board soldering and de-soldering experience to help.

I would suggest de-soldering and lifting the two diode legs, not cutting.    De-soldering braid or a vacuum de-soldering tool would help.   

An alternative is just to heat up the leg (til the solder melts) and lift it, but you have to be careful or you could damage the foil traces on the board.

Heat up the opposite lead of diode 2 to allow you to spin the diode around to point towards pin 2 of the counter chip.

Make sure that the diode leads don't short to the adjacent pins (pin 7 to 6 or 8, or pin 2 to 1 or 3) of the counter chip. 

(Solder blobs or poor diode leg placements could cause a short.)

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.