News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

30 degree crossing

Started by wmsuggs, May 16, 2011, 01:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Len,

Well, to get the gaps lined up for future lengthwise expansion, the each half curve would have to be somewhere between the crossing and the third full curve away from the crossing.  I guess it's easy enough to move them if the track is not permanently attached. 

When putting together the actual EZ-Track it will probably be hard to tell which fitter straight (1-1/2" or 2-1/4") works better, as they are only 3/4" apart in length.

That's about 1 degree difference spread out over 12 track joints.

I'm surprised that there is a difference between the track programs.  If the dimensions of the track pieces were measured and entered correctly, the results should be the same, as the math should be the same.   

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Len

Joe,

I laid it out with real track and discovered the joints on the curves are generally 'sloppy' enough to allow some flexibility on the length of the straight fitter piece. The joints between curves felt smoother with the 1-1/2in straight, but a train operated with no problems using the 2-1/4in piece once the joints were evened out. Go figure! ;D

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.