News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC not on board!!!

Started by 93firebird, May 19, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93firebird

I just bought the 62301 locomotive, which is advertised as DCC on board. I ordered from Ehobbies.com. When it arrived I noticed that the unit was not DCC. I check by applying it to my track, and sure enough, no DCC. What's up with that? I have been in contact with Ehobbies and I am waiting to hear from them. I don't want to have to deal with shipping it back, but I want what I thought I was going to be getting. Please Help.

ACY

It sounds like your loco was probably advertised as DCC ready and is only DCC ready. It is possible that they got the DCC version mixed up with the DCC version and sent you the wrong one.

93firebird

Well, it falls inline with the DCC gp30s in Bachmann's catalog and is advertised as DCC on board at every online vendor I have seen it on. They do not show this scheme as just a DC model that I have seen. Internettrains.com also has it advertised with decoder.

ACY

I don't know what locomotive it is, but it is something you will have to take up with the dealer you purchased the locomotive from.

Stephen D. Richards

Is your GP30 a Spectrum?  If it is it won't be DCC on board.  Those are not manufactured any more.  Very nice locos though.  One way to check for sure is to remove the shell/body.  If the chassis is a large heavy, dark frame then it is a Spectrum.  If the chassis is a light colored frame then it should be DCC on board.  The DC only version has a circuit board but it is different than the DCC ready or DCC on board.  Hope that helps some.  Stephen

93firebird

No it is not a spectrem, it is advertised as DCC on board.

Stephen D. Richards

You need to get back with your seller!  I just checked the Bachmann catalog and #62301 is DC only.  Check the on line product information to verify.  Stephen

93firebird

They are not the only ones selling it as having dcc on board. I have been in touch with them, and I am waiting to hear back from them.

ACY

I went to the internettrains.com website and it is not advertised as having DCC, while on the ehobbies.com website it is shown as DCC but it is an obvious mistake, you could tell by the pricing that it would not have DCC.

93firebird

Quote from: ACY on May 19, 2011, 07:04:25 PM
I went to the internettrains.com website and it is not advertised as having DCC, while on the ehobbies.com website it is shown as DCC but it is an obvious mistake, you could tell by the pricing that it would not have DCC.

That's funny, because if you browse by catagory, and not do a search it is there plane as day.
http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IT&Category_Code=HSCLOCDSLBAC30D
There it is, the second one from the left.

captain1313

I just went to that link and there is nothing there saying it's dcc.  The one left of it is and the last three are.

Kevin

mf5117

at the top of the page it says Bachmann DCC equip Locomotives at internet model trains .but on the page it shows 5 diesels that are not advertised with DCC and 4 that show with DCC .so the top of the page with the 62301 listing are wrong . and need to sererate the add to the 5 that are DC on a separate page and the 4 that are DCC equipted on a separate page

mf5117

so looks like you bought a DC locomotive . off a bad page add like I did a few times ,due to I didn't do enough reading and researching . those glancing blows got me everytime .

93firebird

I have a Bachmann paper catalog that has it on the same page as DCC on board locos also. It is the 2010 catalog.

ACY

All I know is your loco is not DCC, is not advertised as such by Bachmann, and there is nothing you can do really except see if they will let you return it.