News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What kind of stuff do you want in N?

Started by adari, May 31, 2011, 06:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucker51

I need parts for older train sets, like the Centennial and the TGV sets.

darus77

A licensed Disney Monorail would  be glorious (and make all involved companies a bloody fortune to boot.)

airferber

I would like to see an Acela express train capable of handling 11-inch radius curves at slow to medium speeds without derailing so it won't require much space as the current Acela Express.

outkasts

would like a turn table for ez track like u now have for ho thank you

NscaleNJtransit

What is the Radius for the acela. Im thinking of getting one but my kinda small to so i want to know if it can take my turn before i spend all that money
Snip it on, its Frisco

ACY

r0bert

Quote from: NscaleNJtransit on June 26, 2011, 05:35:59 PM
What is the Radius for the acela. Im thinking of getting one but my kinda small to so i want to know if it can take my turn before i spend all that money
operates without issue thru 15" radius curves and #4 turnouts, but I wouldn't go much smaller than the 15" for sustained curves.
Acela on 18" curve

jscola30

I want a return to those steel coaches Bachmann had out several years ago (late 90s or so). I'm a person of polar opposites. I run N and G trains and I enjoy running steam and modern passenger equipment. I'd love a true n scale subway train (I know I know, Kato's Japanese commuter trains look them, there are companies that have molds, etc), but a true NYC or MBTA subway would be great, as would a San Francisco Cable Car. I doubt though there's much market for those. Maybe to go along with the Amtrak equipment, an AEM 7, again, not sure on the market.

dtpowell

Quote from: jscola30 on June 29, 2011, 03:05:44 PM
I want a return to those steel coaches Bachmann had out several years ago (late 90s or so). I'm a person of polar opposites. I run N and G trains and I enjoy running steam and modern passenger equipment. I'd love a true n scale subway train (I know I know, Kato's Japanese commuter trains look them, there are companies that have molds, etc), but a true NYC or MBTA subway would be great, as would a San Francisco Cable Car. I doubt though there's much market for those. Maybe to go along with the Amtrak equipment, an AEM 7, again, not sure on the market.

I wouldn't be so quick in casting off the the marketability of any "N" scale subway or rapid transit equipment. I have three 2 car sets of Hakote Tozan trains I plan to incorporate into a free lance transit/subway system. I would love to replace them with any US type rapid transit vehicles. Look at MTH and Lionel. Who would have thought they would have produced so many different types. Yes, there is a big market for US subway/lightrail cars in "N" scale if Kato, Tomix, Bachmann or some other manufacture would produce them in quanity. While there at it. How about London Underground equipment too! Glasgow? Paris...Name it.

poliss

Milwaukee Road class EP-2 Bi-Polar as first built.

skipgear

Quote from: poliss on July 07, 2011, 09:17:12 PM
Milwaukee Road class EP-2 Bi-Polar as first built.

Like so.....

Sorry, it's an KMT HO brass that I painted for a customer.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

poliss

That's the chappie. The one on Wikipedia looks to be one colour. Lettering on it is CM. & St P. Numbered 10251.

skipgear

This was painted for I believe it was the 1939 version when they were renumbered E1-E5.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

dtpowell

Beautiful locomotive Skipgear. It would be good to see one in N scale now that Fox Valley Models has the MIlwakee Road PassengerCars. Wow.

brownbr

I'd like to see a climax or heisler.  Atlas sure sold a lot of shays.