News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What kind of stuff do you want in N?

Started by adari, May 31, 2011, 06:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken G Price

I have seen the Thomas stuff in the large, HO, and N scales.
The N scale looks nice, but to me the N just does not have the wow factor that the other two have. And I model only N scale.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

dtpowell

Quote from: Ken G Price on October 06, 2011, 06:20:24 PM
I have seen the Thomas stuff in the large, HO, and N scales.
The N scale looks nice, but to me the N just does not have the wow factor that the other two have. And I model only N scale.

It's "N" scale and considerably smaller than the other two. It's just not the same. You want to see an "N" scale loco with Wow factor. Look at the new Graham Farish (Bachmann) A1 Peppercorn 4-6-2. That's a Wow! Sure wish Bachmann America would make a 4-6-2, period.
Below is a link to a reliable site for Tomix "N" scale Thomas and other Japanese "N". There qty's listed are in real time.

http://www.newhallstation.com/store/index.php/cPath/23_32?osCsid=41baeba8b56a8b76a5c3eb9235cda2b5

airferber

I would like to see the following cars to expand the train from the McKinley Explorer set.

Rolling stock
-Princess Cruise passenger cars.

-Generic Alaska Railroad Passenger Cars.

More Locomotive options:
-Separate-Sale Powered Alaska F9A unit

-Additional Road numbers and/or Liveries for the Alaska GP40 Locomotive

NscaleRR

A Norfolk and Western Class A would be amazing!

UCSPanther

I'd love to see an N scale version of the GE 45 ton shunter, complete with siderods like the HO version.  

Also love to see an N scale version of those old "heavy duty flatcars" with the six-wheel trucks.  They may not have been prototypical but they looked cool. 

n-scale chesapeake & ohio

for me a C&O h-8 allegheny or h-7 simple simon
models the C&O in 1945-55 happily in Canada :D

BM2525

You have built in the past a B&M Consolidation engine, I wish you had made a DCC model with a different number on your recent release last year. Perhaps next time, by then you may have added sound. I don't know if you released an undecorated model, if you did, my source is out.

Desertdweller

USCP,

See if you can still get a Bachmann 71391.  It is a 52' depressed-center flat car with 6-wheel trucks.

I bought one a few years ago.  It has a missile load (easily removable) and L&N reporting marks.

You may have to change the couplers.  I think mine came with Rapido couplers.

Les

johnTom

If  foreign a CHINESE SY and a QJ , if U.S.  a M.N. & S RR center cab Baldwin aka a blue dragon.

Tom
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

radar

How about putting knuckle couplers on new N scale! This is the 21st century!
Nice job on the HO B&O EM-1.
Howz about 1 in N SCALE!

skipgear

Quote from: radar on April 09, 2012, 09:19:48 AM
How about putting knuckle couplers on new N scale! This is the 21st century!
Nice job on the HO B&O EM-1.
Howz about 1 in N SCALE!

NOT sure where you have been hiding under the radar but all releases in the past couple years have had knuckle couplers. Last year they were a working version similar to the McHenry.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Ron Zee

I also would like to see a turntable that works with the n-scale EZ-track. And definatly more steam locos with sound in them.

Desertdweller

Ron,

It isn't hard to use E-Z track with the existing turntables.  You have to give up the ability to use them in temporary layouts, as the turntables need to be firmly anchored to the layout base anyway.

My model railroad is built with N-scale Bachmann E-Z track for all mainlines and major secondary track.  I use two Atlas turntables.

Lay out your turntable approach track with E-Z track.  Before you reach the turntable, substitute a piece of regular straight track to reach from the last section of E-Z track to the turntable.  You will need to remove the rail joiner from the track ends that butt up to the turntable.

Get some roadbed material (I use Woodland Scenics foam roadbed) to support your lead track.  Make sure it is straight where it abuts the table.

Fasten your turntable down (adjust the turntable position to the lead track, not the other way around).  Use the sectional track and roadbed to build the outdoor "whisker" tracks.  Tracks inside the roundhouse should rest at the correct height if they may not be compatible in terms of track spacing.

It is important that the tracks meeting the table are at the same height as the tracks on the table bridge.  On my approach track, I drilled a hole into the turntable base between ties that I can tighten or loosen to raise or lower the rails to fine tune it.

Les

kmcsjr

Good small DCC steam! The 4-6-0 was Spectrum grade (imho). Take what you learned and do 0-4-0, 0-6-0, 4-4-0... Please!

Wrath of Wotan

OK, I'll jump in.  I want a nice Heavy/Light Pacific (4-6-2) w/DCC, and a PRR K4s version, which could share the boiler with a future Heavy Mikado (2-8-2).  You'd make a lot of people VERY happy with these!
Some ya win, and some ya lose
some ya just can't tell...
Some they will, and some they won't
some it's just as well...     Ron