News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez command won't rspond

Started by odd, June 01, 2011, 05:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odd

I have tried multiple times ,following the written directions and watched the dvd . I can't get my new ez command dcc controler
to switch into the rapid flashing mode to program Bachmann engines from the default number to another ????
Help??!! By following the directions it just blinks slowly indicating it is not in the programing mode

judgethe

did you try with another locomotive instead? sorry i'm no expert but just trying to help

Jerrys HO

is it possible you are trying to program the loco to #10? That one is for dc locos. you should be pressing and holding the #3 button then press and release the stop button then let go of #3. The led should blink fast then press #1-9 then press stop. Done. do not hesitate more than I believe it's 10seconds or it will fall out of programming mode.

mf5117

To program your locomotive to another address, first activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press button 3
(figure 8; the locomotive's default address) AND the "Stop" button (figure 9) at the same time, then release them together. The
power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.
Choose a new address for your locomotive and press the corresponding button. The locomotive will move slightly (figure 10) and the
power LED will flash slowly to indicate that you have successfully programmed your locomotive to its new address. Finally, press the
"Stop" button to exit programming mode...

Make sure you have no other Locomotives on the track while you are trying to program with EZ commander. I found ,I have better luck with 2 9" straights connected to a terminal railer one on each end seperate from my layout . If you do a search just type "EZ commander" there is alot of good information . you will see some post from a member named YAMPA BOB he was an advid EZ commander user and I learned alot from him . Hope this helps .

Jim Banner

Quote from: mf5117 on June 01, 2011, 07:50:28 PM
To program your locomotive to another address, first activate the locomotive by running it a short distance. Next, press button 3
(figure 8; the locomotive's default address) AND the "Stop" button (figure 9) at the same time, then release them together. The
power LED will flash quickly to indicate you're in programming mode.

While mf5117 has kindly quote the manual above, there are two parts of these instructions which may mislead you.  I have put them in bold face and underlined them in mf5117's quote above.

Firstly, use button 3 only if the locomotive is programmed to address 3.  If you have previously programmed the locomotive to a different address, then choose the corresponding number in this step.  If the address exceeds 9 or if you do not know what the address is, use the instructions titled REPROGRAMMING DECODERS WITH PREVIOUSLY ASSIGNED DIGITAL ADDRESSES at the bottom of page 3 of your manual instead.

As Jerrys H0 has pointed out, you DO NOT press the address button AND the "Stop" button at the same time.  You do press the address button first and while holding it down, press then release the "Stop" button.  Then you release the address button.  If the decoder has never been reprogrammed since new, then you would use address button 3 which is the default address.  If the decoder has been reprogrammed using an E-Z Command, then the address button could be anything from 1 to 9.  If the decoder has been programmed using another DCC system or if you do not know the presently programmed address, use the directions at the bottom of page 3.

Jim

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

odd

I want to thank you all,yes the printed instructions are wrong and thanks for the real story!

Thanks again
TRAINS RULE ,BUT BOATS ARE COOL TOO!