Thomas&Friends Ho&G scale Predictions 2012-2015

Started by TCTF, June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: BillingsRR on June 04, 2011, 01:05:17 PM
Gordon and Henry would be too large for little kids to handle.

In my opinion, I doubt it. Remember, they are only G scale.

As for the comments on curves, Gordon and Henry would run just fine as long as the center driving wheel is flangeless and there is enough play present on the bogeys. If they can get Emily's coaches, 6-wheelers, to work with the G scale range, then I imagine that Herny/Gordon aren't too hard to do.

Jack

BillingsRR

Sparks-

If the engine was to large to go in a 4ft circle, the engine could not be used with Bachmann's 4ft curves. If the engine is say 4ft long, you are not going to get it on the 4ft curve. I am comparing the size of Gordon/Henry to the size of an AristoCraft Pacific or Bachmann K-27. Neither of those engines can run on 4 ft curves. I think their minimun radius is 6ft, possibly 8ft. If Bachmann wants all of their Thomas engines to run on their track and they think makeing Gordon and Henry is in the future, they have to make bigger track, or shrink the sizes of the engines down to  Bachmann 4-6-0 Annie. If Bachmann has larger curves than 4fters, I think they would be next in line, but since Bachman only has 4ft curves, I really don't see it a practical option. People who are new to the world of Large Scale trains and garden railroading won't catch that the larger engines won't fit on the 4ft curves. When I first started up again, I knew very little about the curves and which are best to use for what engine. I have a lot of 4ft curves and a dozen 4ft curves, my tank engines and smaller diesels look fine on them, but my Annies look a little akward going around the 4ft sections.

Chruchhill8F-

Have you ever seen a Bachmann K-27 or AristoCraft Pacific in person? They are very large engines, I could barely carry them they were so heavy and large. All in all they are about 3-4ft (looking back, 5ft was a little too large, they would be just about a foot shorter than I) long when put together and weigh quite a lot. They would be the size of Gordon/Henry. Gordon/Henry would not weight that much, but they would still be that long. Kids are good with smaller engines, not big engines, the size of Gordon and Henry.

LGB already makes coaches very similar to Emily's and have 3 axles. It has pretty much been done before, a long time berfore, Emily's coaches appeared in the Large Scale world. I'm not saying Bahcmann ripped of LGB, but 3 axle cars have been released before by other bands and have worked with little or no problems.

WTierce1

You need to realize that Henry is a 4-6-0 so he might have a better chance than Gordon so if the 4-6-0 Annie's can run on 4ft turns than Henry should be able to also. The difference between Henry and Gordon is that Gordon is a    4-6-2 so he might be able to also. Also remember that they will probably be plastic and not metal like the K-27 so Weight may not be as big of a problem as originally thought.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Cheeky_ULP

I've seen my share of 4-6-0 Large locomotives ran at the club. If Henry and Gordon maintained their wheels around their size drive wheels then there should be no problem.

BillingsRR

Henry is larger than an American Annie. But, he would be a tad longer than one. I forgot he was a 4-6-0, I thought he was a 4-6-2.

Just because you saw an engine go around a curve does not mean that the curve was a 4ft curve. It may have been a 5ft curve, 6ft curve, 6.5ft curve, 8ft curve, 10ft curve, or, very rarely, a 20ft curve. The 4-6-0 Annies do run around 4ft curves, but they really could use large curves. Their pilot truck likes to derail more on my 4ft curvers versus my 5ft curves. In the TV series, which uses G scale models, they are 1:32 scale unlike Bachmann's 1:20.3 and 1:22 engines, Henry and Gordom are very similar in lenght. James is about the size of the Bachmann Annie. So if Henry and Gordon are about the size of James, there will be no problem. But that would look akward that the biggest engines on Sodor are almost the size of a mixed traffic engine. That is if Bachmann, really HiT, wants to keep the engines in scale. if HiT wants the profits versus the accuracy and want the models to run on Bachmann's curves, that is their solution; to make them the size of a Bachmann Annie. I really don't think the young kids would care as much as the die hard garden and large scale railroaders.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on June 06, 2011, 04:48:46 PM
Henry is larger than an American Annie.
But a Bachmann LS Henry doesn't exist yet, so that's not a fact.

By the way, the clubs curves were 4ft.  ::)

Since Gordon and Henry have drive wheels that aren't too far off from Thomas and James, I don't see the problem with a possible Gordon or Henry model. The LS engines middle wheels don't even do anything, so that adds to it. I think you're making too big of a fuss out of this.

GreatWesternEngineFan

The way I see it, if Bachmann can make money off of making the models, there is no reason for them to stop them from making Gordon and Henry.  Besides in terms of marketable characters I see Gordon and Henry a lot more than Emily.  I'm sure we'll see both of them in the near future.

I'd say more but Sparks and Churchill8F summed it up pretty good.  PS - I do agree with Sparks about you making a fuss about this, no offense.  You're eventually going to get the Emily model of your dreams (since they're making her coaches), so now I think you can be happy for others who have hope for other characters in the range. ;D

Oh and my predictions you might ask?  Well I can only predict engines  at the moment.
HO...
2012 - Duck Oliver and Hiro
2013 - Arry and Bert
2014 - Stanley and Whiff
2015 - Charlie and Rosie

Large scale...
2012 - Emily and Toby
2013 - Gordon and Henry
2014 - Year off, kinda like the one we're having now. :P
2015 - Edward (possibly someone else like Mavis or Diesel)

TCTF

Seeing NEWY made Thomas Engines would not be added to bachmann's Thomas and Friends line until they have made most of non-hit made Engines/vechiles.Also I would also like to see a murdock in the Line

GreatWesternEngineFan

I forgot to add Oliver with Duck and Hiro, my bad. :P 

But I agree, classics first! ;D  Murdoch would look amazin' by Bachmann!

BillingsRR

In the future, two-four years, I see Henry and Gordon coming out, but not in 2012.

Henry's British class of a locomotive is much larger than the American 4-6-0s Bachmann makes. I am refering to the actual engines, not the models.

TCTF

For Herny's and Gordon's Large Scale Model Bachmann may have to make a new design for them or use one of their UK Model (If they have one)Also I would Also Add Arthus on the Thomas&Friends Line.

ThomasFan247

Just thought I'd post some predictions :) Please note that these items would not all be released in one year ;)

HO Scale

Engines: Duck, 'Arry and Bert, Oliver, Rosie, and Whiff
Rolling Stock: Quarry Wagon w/Load, Plant Vans, Garbage Wagon w/Load, and Toad
Vehicles: Butch, Trevor, and Sir Topham Hatt's Car
Accessories: Lady Hatt figure, Farmer McColl's Barn, and Level Crossing

Large Scale

Engines: Toby and Edward
Rolling Stock: Henrietta, Brakevan, Ventilated Van, and Salt Van
Vehicles: Bertie and Harold
Accessories: Sir Topham Hatt figure and Conductor figure

TCTF

Guys if you look on the Thomas&Friends Website Oliver and Toad are in the Engine's list but not Duck!Is Duck really never going to be in Thomas&Friends again?Boco is also not on but Dasiy.The Lorries arwe not on it.I like the Lorries do to the fact they made "Horrid Lorry"my Favorite Episode.Also for Would add Caroline to the road vechiles.Derek is inthe Engine List Whcih Shocked me because he was only in one episode like the Lorries and I think he was in a few others and music videos. ThomasFan247 your prediction are good and i wouldn't think of some my self.If Bachmann makes Arry and Bert it is only a repaint of Dieasl and Hornby has discontinue their Arry and Bert.Also something very shcoking about The Hornby Thomas and Friends line is that THEY RETIRED HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Herny is on the Steam Team and this could mean that hornby is dropping their Thomas&Friends.(NOTE IF HORNBY DOES NOT DO NOT YELL AT ME PLEASE!)

GreatWesternEngineFan

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on June 07, 2011, 01:43:45 PM
Just thought I'd post some predictions :) Please note that these items would not all be released in one year ;)

HO Scale

Engines: Duck, 'Arry and Bert, Oliver, Rosie, and Whiff
Rolling Stock: Quarry Wagon w/Load, Plant Vans, Garbage Wagon w/Load, and Toad
Vehicles: Butch, Trevor, and Sir Topham Hatt's Car
Accessories: Lady Hatt figure, Farmer McColl's Barn, and Level Crossing

Large Scale

Engines: Toby and Edward
Rolling Stock: Henrietta, Brakevan, Ventilated Van, and Salt Van
Vehicles: Bertie and Harold
Accessories: Sir Topham Hatt figure and Conductor figure

You sir, need to work for Bachmann! ;D