News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 products//

Started by yeorail, June 04, 2011, 01:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeorail

Does the reappearance of the Climax mean (Hopefully) that the Hiesler will be re-worked for 2012--I need one, DCC ready though. I note Germany still have some of the old ones on their Bachmann web!
A well detailed Spectrum small diesel would be nice too

the Bach-man

Dear Yeorail,
I hope so! I'll pass along your request!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

on30gn15

Quote from: yeorail on June 04, 2011, 01:06:09 PM
Something like a G version of the HO Plymouth 6-wheeler?
Which although labeled an MDT is actually a WDT - MDT were 4 wheel. See: http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel141.html
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: on30gn15 on June 05, 2011, 05:07:32 PM
Something like a G version of the HO Plymouth 6-wheeler?
Which although labeled an MDT is actually a WDT - MDT were 4 wheel. See: http://www.northeast.railfan.net/diesel141.html
or, maybe even a BIG diesel like a GP or SD something.  ;)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

smcgill

Does the reappearance of the Climax mean (Hopefully) that the Hiesler will be re-worked for 2012--

I second that!!!    :o
Sean

YellowHillsCentral

I would not turn down a small diesel (Rio Grande #50 perhaps?)  ;D

Loco Bill Canelos

I'm suprised they didn't  do the Davenport in RG #50 paint!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

darkdaniel100

As much as I love my heisler locomotive I would like a "new" locomotive .. not sure if I am the only one but I wont purchase a locomotive if I already have an older version.

I would love a spectrum USATC 0-6-0T (would have to be adjusted for 1.20:3 :/ ) .... Apart from that any new rolling stock would be awesome , the log skidder and Spectrum long caboose were awesome !

on30gn15

GE built some pretty fair sized 3ft gauge diesels for the steel industry.
Example http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/bscx24.jpg This one is a center cab 80 tonner.
End cab like this 3ft gauge unit would be neat http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=84403
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

tac

Does the reappearance of the Climax mean (Hopefully) that the Hiesler will be re-worked for 2012--I need one, DCC ready though. I note Germany still have some of the old ones on their Bachmann web!

I'm a great Heisler fan and ride the real thing in Oregon to prove it, but my experience with my Bachmann Heisler did not last long.

After less than ten minutes running it froze up, and sadly has not turned a wheel since then.  It sits on a shelf now, looking pretty forlorn, although I dust it every now and then with a sigh.

I'd like to think that if Bachmann ever made a new version, it would prove a LOT more reliable than mine.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi tac,

Will there be another Canadian Invasion of the US this fall?  You and the gang are welcome back to my place on the way to Marty's from rick's if you are coming again.

By the way, I was wondering why you didn't send the loco back to Bachmann under the warranty.  Some years ago I had a similar problem but with a spectrum 2-6-0 Mogul.   Since it was within the first year they paid postage both ways and I paid nothing, they were great about it.

Regards

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tac

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on June 15, 2011, 09:57:37 AM
Hi tac,

Will there be another Canadian Invasion of the US this fall?  You and the gang are welcome back to my place on the way to Marty's from rick's if you are coming again. By the way, I was wondering why you didn't send the loco back to Bachmann under the warranty.  Some years ago I had a similar problem but with a spectrum 2-6-0 Mogul.   Since it was within the first year they paid postage both ways and I paid nothing, they were great about it. Regards Bill

Afternoon, Bill - there's going to be an invasion of Canada next month, that's for certain, as for a revenge trip, well,  that I can't say, but it sure would be great.

As for sending anything back to Bachmann here in UK, all I can say is that you gave me a real laff.  Thanks, I needed that.

All the very best -   

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Kevin Strong

Bummer yours froze up on you, Tac. Mine proved to be my most reliable runner. I just sold it to greener pastures since it was seeing less and less service and deserves to go where she'll get proper exercise. I do agree, though, that a re-issue with Bachmann's new brass gearing would be cool.

Having said that, I think I'd prefer somethng new. I still think a C-19 would be great, though I got tired of waiting and am building my own. So now if Bachmann wants to do the EBT's M-1, that'd be a welcome sight. (Or one of their 2-6-0s with the 48" drivers!)

Whatever they do, props to Bachmann for including more reliable drivetrains in their latest locomotives. They're a welcome improvement.

Later,

K

YellowHillsCentral

A C-19 would be wonderful! It's one of my favorite narrow gauge steamers....especially when fitted with a snow plow. ;) However, I would be more partial towards Bachmann releasing something from the C&S roster, be it the B-4-E or B-3A. There's something about those beartrap stacks.... even though I really shouldn't even be looking, as the railroad here is all but shut down since my son left for college and I have no time to sit down and play. :(

But if my vote counts, I would go for a Narrow Gauge diesel, be it the end cab units used of the Georgetown Loop or a White Pass diesel, or a C&S steamer.

Good Day!
Fred

Wade Colyer

A 22 ton steel framed late model wood cab class A Climax (they already have the trucks) and a Barnhart or American Log Loader would fill out the logging equipment roster.

Wade