News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

power booster

Started by odd, June 06, 2011, 08:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odd

Is there an "ECONOMICAL" power booster for ez command .??Bachmann booster is very pricey. for a fixed income!

ACY

I got both of mine on ebay for under $100 back in 2007 from the Favorite Spot. If you are patient you can get one for around $140. I don't think you can get a new booster for less than $140 or so including other companies.

Doneldon

odd-

You can find whole systems from other manufacturers for around the same price as the Bachmann booster, or even less. Plus, you'll have access to full programming which you cannot do with EZ Command. Other companies' entry level systems have more power that EZ Command to begin with, so you might not even need a booster.

I hope you see this before it is removed from the site. I answered a similar question a few days ago, with the names of other systems and the places where they can be purchased for less than a Bachmann booster but it was removed from the board.

At any rate, use a model railroading magazine to identify various online sellers and check their prices. You'll be glad you did. You can absolutely do better than the overpriced Bachmann booster. I'm ordinarily not so vehement with my posts but I'm annoyed by being silenced with my previous post.
                                                                       -- D

JerryB

Doneldon:

I find it disgusting that you come to this Bachmann Trains website and bad mouth the host.

On top of that, you have the gall to further attack that host for (allegedly) deleting your anti-Bachmann    posts   rantings.

Remind me to not invite you over for dinner.

Happy (More Respectful) RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources