News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Roundhouse

Started by Jerrys HO, July 02, 2011, 06:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys HO

Mr.Bachmann
Do you plan on making a roundhouse for the new bachmann turntable #46299, I was told no other roundhouse will work because the indexing of the track positions.

the Bach-man

Jerrys HO

Dear Bachmann,
I just purchased the motorized turntable #46299 and you want me to purchase another turntable w/ a roundhouse combo. Why did you not offer the same combo set with the 46299. I did not want to buy the tidmouth shed and turntable because it was not motorized,looks like it has steel tracking,and did not feel like redoing the shed to make it look realistic instead of fairytailish. Is the shed available separately at a reasonable price?

ACY

You can buy the roundhouse with turntable for as low as $100 on ebay. You can buy the roundhouse for $85 separately on ebay.

Jerrys HO

Acy,
I buy and sell on e-bay everyday and I have yet to see a roundhouse with turntable for $100.00 neither just the roundhouse for $85.00. Just in case you misread my post I already have the 46299 turntable. The tidmouth shed would require a little fixing up to make it look as good as the atlas version. I was inquiring why it was not put in as a combo deal as the tidmouth is. As for the shed IT IS NOT LISTED SEPARATELY FROM THE TURNTABLE!!! I asked Bachmann if he had knew if they were going to make it available so whom ever bought one would have a nice roundhouse to accent it.
If you do know where I can purchase just the shed send me the link I'll be glad to purchase it.
Thanks Jerry

ACY

When I did my searches, I did one search using only HO as a keyword and one with only Bachmann as a keyword. I found one for $100 and one for about $112. And one guy was selling the roundhouse separately with things misspelled in his auction listing title.

robogo

Can the turntable be used/modified for On30 Locomotives, like the Shay or Forney? Is there anything inside the operators cabin, like mechanics, or can it be removed?

Jerrys HO

robogo,
According to Bachmann the turntable can be used with smaller 0n30 loco's. There is nothing inside the cabin (yet). The operators cabin and shed are both removable (in the process of running led's inside for lighting). It is a very nice turntable and is DCC ready not on board.
Jerry

jward

since nobody else has brought this up.....

jerry,
have you thought about trying to kitbash a roundhouse? the atlas roundhouse kit is designed for stalls every 15 degrees. i believe the bachmann turntable has the tracks every 20 degrees. it should be possible to spread the stalls out a little bit to accommodate the wider track spacing, and to fabricate new wall and roof sections to fill in the gaps.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

jward,
Yes I did consider kit bashing the atlas roundhouse. I figured I would need three kits for what I was considering doing. The tidmouth shed is the perfect size just needs a little minor upgrading to make it look not so thomasee. Acy found four different prices and I have searched all of model railroading in HO scale (do you know how long that takes).
Jerry