Is there a 4-4-2 Atlantic made by anybody available?

Started by BlueFox, July 02, 2011, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFox

I'm looking for a 4-4-2 Atlantic made by anybody for sentimental reasons.  I don't see one in the 2011 Bachmann catalog and don't know if they ever made one.  I don't care if it has DCC or not.

Frank

bobwrgt

I have the Mantua model and it is nice. Very pleased with it.

Bob

BlueFox

Thanks ACY!
I'll check out all those URL's you listed and see what's up for sale.

Frank

richg

I picked up an all metal 1952 vintage MDC 4-4-2 off of ebay. Installed can motor and regeared. Pittman motor needed at least two amps at 12 volts DC and it was not under load.Keep looking if the links given are not enough.

Rich

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: bobwrgt on July 02, 2011, 03:52:49 PM
I have the Mantua model and it is nice. Very pleased with it.

Bob

I've got several of them  ::) and I'm happy with all of them.

Jeff

Nigel

Mantua, Bowser and MDC all offered Atlantics in the past. 

Fox Valley Models offers(ed?) a Milwaukee Road (Hiawatha) Atlantic.

Many many models have been made in brass.

eBay is probably your best chance.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

richg

I found two at Nixon Enterprises. One for $295 and a second for $795.

http://www.nixonenterprises.com/

R$ich

Guilford Guy

I've been advocating for a couple years that a 4-4-2 be produced by a major manufacturer. Many roads had them, and they were all different. By the time USRA came around there wasn't a huge need for smaller power and so that limits roadname possibilities slightly. In addition to that, most roads began pulling them out of service in the 1930s and 1940s, so only a handful made it to the transition era. Despite all that, the 4-4-0s in the Spectrum line must sell well for the company to consider both prototypes. There may be hope after all.
Alex

RAM

The C&NW still had an 4-4-2 running in the summer of 1952.  When I was in navy bootcamp I got to see in many times.  It pull two open platform cars. 

Doneldon