News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Where is Sodor?

Started by J3a-614, July 04, 2011, 09:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

You mean it's real? Its really really real? All my life I thought it was a made up island! This is Great!

DinoNTrains

Thanks for the link. It was a fun article to read.  :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 04, 2011, 10:22:28 AM
You mean it's real? Its really really real? All my life I thought it was a made up island! This is Great!
It's fictional. Awdry just invented a hypothetical location.

Michigan Railfan

Go to Google Earth and type in Isle of Man. According to the map in the article, Sodor would be to the right of Isle of Man. Instead, the British Isles and the Irish Sea occupy the space.

ScotNick

Maybe Sodor is an isle like Atlantis ;).

branmas

Is it that big place next to it?

TheJJ

1st of all sry if I didn't say it in time but Happy B-day the lego spongebob sqaurepants fan! ;D
Second of all even if its not the real exact thing, the idea of a semi-related island is still pretty interesting.

BillingsRR

Isn't it in-between the Isle of Man and Britian?

Atlantis may actually be real. They believe it is in the Red Sea and it was flooded during the flood in which Noah's Arc sailed. It may not be the original Atlantis, but it is an Atlantis, I guess you could say.

TheJJ

Oh really? Sry for my misinterpretation.

branmas

Quote from: JJ96 on July 10, 2011, 09:29:46 PM
1st of all sry if I didn't say it in time but Happy B-day the lego spongebob sqaurepants fan! ;D
Second of all even if its not the real exact thing, the idea of a semi-related island is still pretty interesting.
thanks but yeah, you were late. ive still got things coming. that are bachmann, the only bachmann thing i got was raisers(that arnet all together). but i a Xbox 360 with kinect and my mum spent $1000 ON ME! im 10 now. ill change my profile.

TheJJ

Wait so next to the Isle of man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vbWHPR-Qa0
go to 0:42 to 0:43

Anthony P2

correct. ;) and are there engines on Sodor, like from the RWS, based off of Isle of Man engines?

branmas

maybe i can go there......... probably not. but hopefully they are there, working hard at work.

TheJJ

WE do realize we are fantizing over a railway thats possibly not there and to add icing ont the cake the fake island has talking trains that are working!  ::) I swear we are not normal people. We are true-hearted Thomas fans. ;)