News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Heisler announced!

Started by Maine 2 Foot, July 08, 2011, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine 2 Foot

I prob didn't spell it right, but there is a new loco in town! A 14 ton that is a real beauty!  THANK YOU BACHMANN!!!!!

mabloodhound

A little more info from the On30 Conspiracy
"It is a 14 Ton 2 trucks Stearns-Heisler. Mfg price is $419 for the DCC version. There is no sound or non DCC version. You can buy a 16-Bit Tsunami Plug and play sound module as an accessory at $119 (the speaker is already inside the Heisler). Delivery late November"
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

mabloodhound

I can see everyone is happy as there are 3 threads on this for now ;D ;D ;D
Should see some photos of it from Bachmann here pretty soon.
On30 Conspiracy has photos and prototype pictures.
Dave Mason

Furqueron

Thank you thank you thank you Bachmann!

What a great choice of Heislers to choose to produce!  Looks like a promising platform for kit bashing!

After years of asking for one at the NNGC we get one!!  You won't hear anything but thanks from me (well that and the sound of your cash register ringing).

Ok, so now the mushy stuff is over ;D

If you can please , a couple of "planning-ahead" questions?

1) What is the minimum radius?
2) What is the overall length and height of the model?
3) Is the speaker "built-in" to the cab or wood/coal bin?

Thanks again!

Jesse

NarrowMinded

I have to admit I have never been a big H fan, but then I had never seen an early version of one, this little teapot will fit in nicely with my porters.

NM

mabloodhound

I also see the Porters shipping date has been pushed back to August now.
Dave Mason

mabloodhound

However, Lee Riley said the Porters are "on the water" at this time.   So maybe pretty soon?

The November date for the Heisler is another matter.   If they are here by November, it will be a first.
Dave Mason

Tomcat

Yep. Now as it´s out of the hat, we are much anticipating this lil´geared Lokie...
Hope for November, to see it chugging through our white winter logging wonderland...  :)

Cheers,
a happy, happy Tom! ;) ;) ;)

railtwister

Hopefully, now we won't have to see requests for H... every time someone mentions new On30 items, but I'm sure we'll still hear much mention of them when they become overdue, which is inevitable! Actually, the H... they picked was a good choice as far as I can tell from the pictures, and should fit in well with the rest of the On30 product line. While it wasn't exactly on my own top ten list, I may eventually have to get one, although I plan to wait long enough for the cracked gear syndrome to show up (if it's going to) before I lay out my cash! I have equal concerns about the overdue Porters and CGS as well...

Bill in FL

ebtnut

I'll probably pick up one of the new Heislers, but I personally would have preferred a somewhat later vintage lokie in the 25-ton range.  The model is a nice offering, and will go well especially with the Shay.  It does fit in with Bachmann's credo (whether purposeful or not) of doing small, almost "cute" locos to go with their rolling stock, all intended to operate on their 18" curved EZ Track.   

I'm also very happy to see the donkey engine in O.  I picked up a pair of the HO ones with the idea of using them as small units in a shop setting or even to model a small lake launch in O.  Another item of interest here is the new Alco HO Mogul.  Could easily be some bashing opportunities there.