News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just wondering

Started by trainsrule99, July 11, 2011, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainsrule99

Pleasehelp me I'v been wndering if the Crossing Signal & Gates (12 pieces) under the acseories on ho scale trains work on the ez lock track?  :)

ACY

They are static, just set them next to the crossing, but you would still need a grade.
Like this item:
The item pictured should work with some modification of it and/or the roadbed.

Doneldon

99-

You'll have to fill the area between the edge of the crossing gate ramp and the top of the EZ Track roadbed. Caulk or spackle will work. Leave the surface a bit rough, paint it dark gray, add a few cracks and it'll look like asphalt. Paint it gray with expansion joint lines and suddenly it's concrete. You'll also need to fill in the area between the rails. Some scale lumber stained nearly black will work or you can fill it in with the same material and finish you use for the edge fill. Whichever way you go, make sure that you leave adequate clearance for your trains' wheel flanges and keep the fill no higher than the top of the rail so you don't make contact with coupler parts. An NMRA Standards gauge will help with the clearances.
                                                                                                                                              -- D

Terry Toenges

Is this what you are talking about?
Feel like a Mogul.

Joe323

It should work though the pavement graphis are too close.

Terry Toenges

It was obviously made to work with EZ Track. The picture is worth a thousand words.
Feel like a Mogul.

ACY

Quote from: Terry Toenges on July 12, 2011, 04:00:17 PM
It was obviously made to work with EZ Track. The picture is worth a thousand words.
Terry,
The item you pictured is not the item he is speaking about. He was talking about these, which come as 12 pieces just like he said:

Joe323

The item you pictured is not the item he is speaking about. He was talking about these, which come as 12 pieces just like he said:

[/quote]

I have the 12 piece item It does not include a grade crossing just the 2 crossbuck signs and the gates.  So an Item number would be helpful.

trainsrule99

Terry Toenges

I see now. I just looked under EZ Track accessories.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I had been trying to count the pieces of the pic I showed. I figured 2 pieces of roadway, two vertical poles, two snap-on gates, two snap-on cross bucks and 4 pieces of green plastic "ground". As I just broke out the specs and looked closer at the pic, I see that the green pieces are just pieces carpet or something like that, because one corner has an edge sticking up.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Donaldon  and ACY - The item in the first picture ACY posted is made for EZ Track.
Right after his post, you started talking about caulking and spackle and stained lumber. So, I'm thinking, why in the world would he have to go to all this trouble when ACY's pictured item is made for EZ Track.
ACY even said "The item pictured should work with some modification of it and/or the roadbed." Yet, the item is specifically made for EZ Track.
It was only after that, that ACY posted the correct picture.
Feel like a Mogul.

ACY

These will work with any track or layout

These will work the best with non-roadbed track, but can easily be made to work with E-Z track, which require raising the height of the 2 crossing pieces to the height of the roadbed and maybe lowering the roadbed on the sides slightly

This will work with E-Z track or with any other track if you make an adapter

Terry Toenges

ACY - Thanks for the clarification. In looking at the color and black and white one (the bottom two pics.) together, I can see there are differences.
Feel like a Mogul.