News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wiring Switch Machines

Started by pacchardon, July 11, 2011, 07:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacchardon

I have my first layout up and running. All I have left to do is to wire the remote switch machines. My soldering skills are non-existent. Are there any wire connectors that are made for wire as fine as the wire on Atlas HO remote switch machines?

Doneldon

paccy-

You can get suitcase connectors which will work or you can use crimp connectors. If you don't have a crimping tool, just look for one which has a selection of connectors with it. Sometimes it's helpful to double the fine wires before inserting them in the crimp connectors. Or learn to solder. It's not at all difficult and it's a skill you'll need when you have to join wires in a space too small for suitcase or crimp connectors.
                                                                                                                                                                -- D

captain1313

Radio Shack part #6403073 telephone butt connectors 26-22 gauge  24 pack.  These are small enough to use on Backmann's turnout wires when you have to extend them.  Just crimp them with narrow pliers.

Kevin