Williams track question . . .

Started by Bobby5150, July 15, 2011, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5150

Is Williams track compatible with O or O-27 gauge track?  I'd like to add on to my O-27 layout with 72" curves, but I'm not sure if they're compatible.  Thanks!

-Bob

Bucksco

Williams O-72 curves are compatible with O. The only curves available in O-27 are 27 inch radius.

rtraincollector

Let me add into here a moment Lionel offered what was know as O and O-27 O being the higher rail but in the ( this is where it gets tricky) smaller track that they called O-27 they did offer some wider radius track but because everyone called it O-27 which wasn't correct they would say they had O-54 in O-27 track  ??? yeah now the real question is, is Williams track the higher rail which is know as O or the smaller rail which most call O-27 even thou it really all is O gauge just different heights, thickness and radius

DominicMazoch

Yes it does get tricky.  They do make 0-27 track PROFILE but in O54 curves!   O32 profile has several curves to it also!

phillyreading

If you are looking for 027 profile track in 72 inch curves, have you considered going with Gargraves track? You will need adapter pins to go to Gargraves track, about $4.00 for 12.
Lionel made 027 profile curves in 042 size, but anything larger I am not sure of.

Lee F.