Ever see a train running at eye-level around the middle of a Christmas tree??

Started by N.H.&I.railfan, July 22, 2011, 06:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.H.&I.railfan

Does anyone on this board have or remember Bachmann's Trim a Tree n scale ac powered freight train set sold during the 1990's? It was quite unique featuring a track system holding a circular track from the center of a real or artificial Christmas tree at about mid tree or eye level height. A real visual treat and conversation piece for all who saw it. Just the other day, a tv shopping service featured a cheap battery operated version which sold out within minutes before the presentation was even finished. Wonder if Bachmann might consider reissuing an updated version of this set, possibly with a holiday themed loco and rolling stock? This could be a definite merchandise winner for Bachmann. Thoughts on this from fellow forum members or the Bachmann Man?

tweetsieengineer

I have the set, although i have parted it out and traded the freight cars for passenger cars.  But its pretty neat, its tough to get it to sit right in the tree. So the last few years ive put it on the floor. The set i have came with a 4-4-0 and 3 old time passenger cars and a caboose. 
Tim Smith,

the Bach-man

Dear LG,
I remember them. It was very hard to keep the trains on the track. I doubt they'd be reintroduced.
Have fun!
the Bach-man