News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZ Track Pier Set

Started by tigerthelion, February 07, 2007, 06:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerthelion

I would like to make a statement and if I am incorrect, please feel free to correct me:

The ez track pier set is designed to be used with one pier being placed per 9" straight or 18 degree curved track. There are seven piers each for ascending and descending. Using this method, it creates a 4% grade, when in actuality it should only be a 2% grade. The old Bachmann pier set had fourteen piers for each ascending and descending, which created the correct 2% grade.

Why did this change, and does Bachmann understand that this kind of makes their products look incompatible? Would you consider producing an updated pier set? Has anyone else noticed this, or had the hassles of not knowing why trains would "spin out"? And boy, can you ever see the gaps in the track on the grades...

Thank you!

Tiger

the Bach-man

Dear Tiger,
I always suggest two sets and some shims for exactly the reason you point out. I'll mention this issue to product development as well.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

tigerthelion

Thanks for responding! Much appreciated!

BIG BEAR

Hey B-Man,
   Do you think you will ever make a set of these to give clearance for On30
Railroads?
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

the Bach-man

Dear Bear,
I doubt it. To allow for On30 height on the display layout resulted in a very steep grade. See the construction photos for details.
As for a trestle set, most On30 modelers would not be interested. I find narrow gauge modelers to be the most fastidious subset of railroad modelers in terms of detail and realism, and the pier set would have limited appeal, I think.
Have fun!
the Bach-man