News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Excursion cars

Started by Hamish K, July 29, 2011, 08:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

The Bachmann home page is advertising the HO Jackson and Sharpe excursion cars - will we ever see either type of excursion car in On30? I know that kits are available from other manufacturers but some people prefer ready-to-run.

Hamish

gmhtrains

If there isn't sufficient demand for a ready-to-run excursion car, I would recommend the made-in-the-USA kit from Mount Blue Model Company <www.mountbluemiodelco.com> designed to fit the Bachmann passenger car chassis. From the Mount Blue website, click on "rolling stock" and scroll down 24 "add to cart" buttons to see the excursion car photo. On your way, you might discover a caboose or two of interest. I have no connection with Mount Blue Model Co. other than being a satisfied customer. The kits are easy to build and all make use of various Bachmann trucks, couplers and underframes.

Gil Hulin

NarrowMinded

Remove the ( i ) from your link it's broken at this time.
www.mountbluemodelco.com
NM-Jeff

thanks for the link by the way.

mmiller

too bad they don't have anything like the Jackson & Sharp excursion cars Bachmann offers in HO available in On30  :'(
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

lvrr325

O is so large it's not hard to scratchbuild stuff with styrene.  I don't know why you couldn't make new sides and ends for an existing Bachmann car, plus a floor and interior with Grandt Line or similar seats.