News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Removing DCC decoder

Started by 4-8-4 Chaser, August 30, 2011, 11:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4-8-4 Chaser

My layout is quite old and would be nightmare to convert to DCC.  I also have many old steamers that I have converted to Sangami motors before DCC was even thought about.  I haven't found anyone who has figured out that conversion. Some of my steamers are modified Flieschman, Roco and Arnold engines with tender drive. I have 8 of the new Bachmann steamers with DCC on-board and my layout is powered by MRC Tech 4 power packs on block wiring.  The pulse power and the Bachmann decoders are not seeming to get along very well.  Is it possible to remove the DCC decoder and wire the motor directly?  I would appreciate any help on removing the decoders.

skipgear

The steam loco's that come with decoders include instructions and the jumpers needed to remove the decoders. The only one that is a little tricky is the 4-6-0 as you have to cut off the decoder section of the board and then solder some jumpers  traces to complete the circuit.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

4-8-4 Chaser

skipgear
Thank you for the answer.  I did my one of my new 2-10-2's about an hour ago and what a difference.  Much smoother and without hiccups.  Thanks again and now to the rest of the engines