News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams warranty support

Started by draperro, September 02, 2011, 06:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draperro

Hi Mr. Bachmann,

I very recently purchased a very nice Williams 40303 with the 6060 logo on it.  When I received the engine I was immediately impressed by the heaviness of the engine and its apparent quality.  When I ran it on my layout I was at a loss as to why this nice heavy engine couldn't pull a small train up my incline on O36 track?  When I looked closely about a month after struggling with it, I discovered that one traction tire was missing.  I contacted customer service asking for help.  After a week, I didn't get an answer and yesterday after a second email, I was told to phone with my credit card number for the $1 tire.  I am only missing one.  Unbelieveable to me....  If Bachmann won't honour a warranty for a $1 part plus postage, what would happen if I had a real problem,  Shameful!!!  I was dealing with Cynthia..  I am not impressed...

Rob Draper

draperro

Since this happened, I contacted the dealer I bought the engine from and he has been very helpful.  He indicated that working through the dealer is the preferred way to get warranty support as Bachmann's people seem to be very busy. 

I am very pleased now with the help I am getting.   I suggest to others to do the same.

rtraincollector

It seems hard to understand but the bottom line actually is as you said its better to deal with the dealer as you have to understand if you call Bachmann over the phone they have no way to know if you honestly got it that way, If you had the engine actually less than a year, where it would be under warranty for free or over where if you returned it you would have to send them like $35 I think it might be $25 to service the engine. Also if they would give out $1 traction tires plus shipping and cost of material and labor to pack it to everyone it could cost them a fortune so they have to do it this way as they don't know if its there fault ( well china's) or not and I'm sure they have had some try to get parts for free for older engines.

So your suggestion of going back or at least dealing with the seller directly is better for you and everyone.