News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Porters

Started by the Bach-man, September 29, 2011, 11:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Discussion is welcome, but please don't use the site for comparative pricing.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

dutchbuilder

dear Bach man , if you mean my honest review of the new porter , without compairing prices,  you should reed that text again.
It's mostly possitive.
I suppose you mean that text because the thread is missing.

Ton

petervweimer

Hi Mr. Bach-Man, hi Ton,
regardless of any price-comparison (which is regularly done here without "punishment" from my experience) I had hoped to get some useful information about headlight dimming on the new sound-equipped Porters in On30. To be honest I had hoped that my question hereto ("dimming headlights") could be answered by the Bach-Man himself. Any chance that might happen?
Peter

Bucksco

The dimmer has been moved to F11 as a default.

petervweimer

Sorry to have to say that this is not the case. I have tried it with my Bachmann Dynamis and F11 is without any function on my brand new out of the box Porter 28203, of which I do NOT say where I bought it and at what price. Someone in my separate thread "dimming headlights" gave some CV-values some time ago that might have worked but they were extinguished from this forum who knows why...

petervweimer

Short ps: F11 works dimming headlights on my sound-equipped Shay and Climax but not on the new Porter...

alex wittman

Hello, I am new to On30 model railroading and I would like to purchase a Porter locomotive, does anyone know if they are still available? just DCC without sound.

Bucksco

To correct my earlier post - the dimming feature is not set to a factory default. To use F11 to dim headlight requires programming a value of 16 to CV41.

canpac

To Alex Wittman ....The new Porters with just DCC are available from many sources including Walthers and many hobby shops in a variety of colour schemes and company names. Ask Santa to bring you one. Merry Christmas.

Royce Wilson

I sure would like to see a version made where the water tank could be removed off the boiler and use a small 4 wheel tender. ::)

Royce