News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WIRING HELP N SPECTRUM N&W

Started by darticus, September 30, 2011, 08:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

Two of the wires came off their solder connections. I marked them on the plug in BLUE SEE PIC. I connected them but could use some way to test to make sure they are in the correct spot. Anyone able to help me with this? Don't want to burn something out when I try it. Thanks Ron

skipgear

The outermost wire should be left rail pickup. You can test that with a multi meter with the harness unplugged from the tender. I believe the next one in is a motor lead, can't remember if it is + or - though.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

darticus

You saved me! It did run with the 2 wires backwards but it may have done damage with the Tsunami hooked in. I fixed it thanks to you just before I tested it on the track with the Tsunami installed. I had the two wires opposite. Do you know of any factory DCC sound steam loco available now? Thanks Again Ron

Quote from: skipgear on October 01, 2011, 10:57:08 AM
The outermost wire should be left rail pickup. You can test that with a multi meter with the harness unplugged from the tender. I believe the next one in is a motor lead, can't remember if it is + or - though.