what does everybody want after the Heisler?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 11, 2011, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

what does everybody want after the Heisler? i would like to see D&RGW 2-8-2 k-27.
Forumfield

Hamish K

A tank locomotive bigger than the Porters but not a Forney. A 2-6-2t or an  0-6-2t would be fine.

Hamish

2foot6

I agree with Hamish,a tank loco     2-6-2   would open up the prospects for representing  a large number of roads that used tank locos,and for kit bashers, it would put my brain into overdrive,thinking of endless possibilities :o  How far away are the Heislers?.   I have not seen any for sale yet  >:( >:(

RGS Goose

Hi Guys,
I agree with Mr Shay. I would love to see a K-27 or K-28 done, but first of all let's give Bachmann a chance to get the production of the Heisler completed, before everyone starts hassling them again for another new model.
Happy Railroading.
RGS Goose.

ebtnut

From reading between the lines on other posts, I don't think we'll see the Heislers until the end of the year.  As for the next thing, I'd like to see a U.S. style, non-Rio Grande Consol, like maybe the Lawndale engines. 

rayport

How about a diminutive Garratt? The Tasmanian K-1 0-4-0 + 0-4-0 would fit in with past Bachmann ON30 engines, but perhaps in a 2-4-0 + 0-4-2 comnfiguration for good electrical pick-up. There was even a very elegant 1913 0-6-0 + 0-6-0 built for the 30 inch Buthiduang-Maungdan tramway in Burma.

Dusten Barefoot

I'd love to see something more from the 19th century with out having t back date it. I would love to see an 8-18c 4-4-0 or a 8-18d 2-6-0. Dosn't look like MMI will ever get out them"purddy" little americans. Just my few cents.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtbob

Good afternoon All,

As many of may know,  I am a BIG East Broad Top fan and have suggested the making of an EBT mike.   The suggestion of a K27 or any K class engine has been suggested before and are in the same size class as the EBT mikes.   I have two of the K27s from MMI and will tell you,  unless you are planning on 26 inch radius or better you will not like them.   Mine have been modified so that they run down to 20 in radius,  although I rarely run that tight radius.   They just do not look right.   Also remember,  the K class engines have cylinders that slant out at the top or bottom requiring a minimum of 3 in centers for two engines to pass each other.   That type of railroad eats up a lot of real estate.  I am fortunate to have the space for my On30 railroad with 26 - 30 inch radius an do run my K27s with no problem.
     Another problem with the EBT mike is available sound files.   Soundtraxx had them at one time but have them no longer so,  even though Blackstone(a part of Soundtrax) is making the EBT 3 bay hoppers on HOn3,  there is not much hope for the engines.
      I agree with 2-6-2 or 2-8-2 tank engines.   What I would really like to see Bachmann do is a version of the Little River 2-4-4-2 or a small logging mike that could done in about the same size as the 2-8-0s.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ForThemPanzerz

i think an 2-4-4-0 like the non powered version that MDC made in ho scale would be neat. this loco looks like a mallet with a 0-6-0 boiler, I'm also thinking they need to make the engines already available to be painted in their prototype engines like a 2-8-0 painted for the C&S.
Forumfield

max (uk)

I would like to see a SR&RL style 2-6-2 to go with the Forneys. I 2-6-2 tank wouldnt be bad either, as long as it is outside framed.

I think all this 'whats next' talk can make us forget how good the engines we already have are.

ebtbob

I have taken some pix of my K27s and 1 of my Bachmann 2-8-0s to give you some perspective of size and track requirements.   I hope this comes thru ok.

Here you see a Bachmann 2-8-0,  then the 2 K27s with a Bachmann 4-6-0 on the far side.

Here is one of the K27 on one of the exits from my turntable.   I think the curve is either 22 or 24 in radius.   I have another exit track with 28 in radius or greater,  so the Ks do not use this exit.   BTW...the coal load is made from a load from a Bachmann 2 bay steel hopper car.

Here is a Bachmann 2-8-0 on the same exit track.   Note the big difference in the cab overhang in comparison to the K27.

[imghttp://farm7.static.flickr.com/6111/6238936736_8420588c84_b.jpg]http://[/img]

Here are the two K27 in my yard.   The track centers are 3.25 inches.   There is a distance of 3/8 in between the cylinders.  Measuring from outside of one cylinder to the far side cylinder on the other engine is measurement of about 5 3/4 inches.

Here are the 2 K27s on the only two parallel curves on my railroad.   Both curves are approximately 30 in radius.  The center line is 4 1/4 inches with a space between the cylinders of approx. 1.5 inches

I hope these pix come thru and you can get an idea of how big a K class engine is On30 and the room needed to have these engines.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Let me try to repost the one pic that did not come thru.

This the pic of the two K27s in the yard.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

dutchbuilder

What is missing in the Bachmann collection is a medium size diesel shunter
A D&RGW Connie would also be nice.

Ton

ebtbob

Ton,

I agree,  it would nice to see an On30 70 tonner.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ForThemPanzerz

Maybe a dcc starter set like a 2-6-0 with DCC and Tsunami sound with actual ON30 track with prototype track. maybe a 2-6-0 freight or passenger train set.
i would also like to see a class A 2 truck climax or shay.

or... OR locomotive kits for the fun of it
Forumfield