what does everybody want after the Heisler?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 11, 2011, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForThemPanzerz

ebtbob is that track hand laid it is very nice and also what scale buildings and track do you use i am trying to develop my ON30 layout.
Forumfield

ebtbob

Mr Shay,

The track is Micro Engineering code 100 On30 flex track.   Ironically,  M.E. does not offer turnouts in code 100 to go along with their On30 flex.   My turnouts are made by cutting all but a few of the plastic ties off Peco HO standard gauge turnouts and remounting them on wood ties.   I do have 3 Litco turnouts on my railroad,  but right now,  no one seems to be able to get those turnouts from the company.
        All my buildings are O scale from different manufacturers.   I have some buildings from Banta,  Raggs to Riches,  Walthers prebuilds,  Walthers kit,  and American Model builders.   I also have a couple of built ups from MTH.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

RGS Goose

Hi Guys,
While I would love to see a K-27 or K-28, as I said in an earlier posting, I think the idea of a small Garratt that "rayport" suggested would be brilliant. The Tasmanian K1 0-4-0 + 0-4-0 would be a perfect prototype for Bachmann to manufacture as it has very clean lines, which would make it easy to build, the protoype is in running condition in England and would be available for research, and it fits in with the small loco theme that Bachmann has been doing. I don't think pick-up would be a problem, as was suggested on another posting, as it would have 8 wheel pick-up. On any sort of reasonably laid trackwork I don't believe there would be any problem at all with that many wheels picking up.
Keep railroading, and have fun doing so.
RGS Goose.

ForThemPanzerz

i recall reading a D&RGW narrow gauge book and seeing a very weird diesel locomtive that did switching in durango and Alamosa  in the 58 and later ill go looking through my books and maybe ill find it...
ok found it its was GE built for the US army in 1957 its called a 540hp diesel 3000 it had six wheel trucks and allowed it to be regaged for exports to other narrow gauge railroads across the world. it says  that it had derailment problems becuase its trucks were not as flexible as steam engines. used for 4 years and they did't like it but it still is interesting.

also maybe a western style 4-6-0 with optional diamond stacks.
Forumfield

ForThemPanzerz

another quick idea an 2-4-2 porter saddle tank with a 4 wheel bobber tender
Forumfield

Dusten Barefoot

How bout an ALCO 0-8-0 switcher?

Rock On!

Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Royce Wilson

A Mason Bogie would be a fine addition :D

Or how about the Porter engines like the 2-6-0 that was used on numerous early railroads.

Also there is a photo in The book by Koch of a Shay that was converted to gasoline and was used on a logging line in Florida.

Royce 8)

Dusten Barefoot

I would love to see a masson bogie, preferably a 2-6-4/6 or something.

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

mmiller

something with side rods and inside frame that would be found (not necessarily exclusively) west of the Mississippi and north of the Rio Grande...
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Melinda

I'd like to see the Jackson & Sharp excursion cars, all the tenders, perhaps an open trolley, and a 2-6-2 in both side-tank (a la Puffing Billy) and tender (a la SR&RL) versions.

Royce Wilson

I have noticed that no one has ever requested a model of the smaller Maine two foot engines like SR&RL number 1 and the Hinkleys.

Royce

ForThemPanzerz

class a climax and an 0-6-0 porter with tender
Forumfield

Kasman727

Would love to see a class C three truck shay.
Kevin

Royce Wilson

Why not just make a 2-6-0 out of the existing IF 4-4-0? 

Royce