what does everybody want after the Heisler?

Started by ForThemPanzerz, October 11, 2011, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Wilson

How about a speeder,not the small Fairmont type,but a larger type that had maybe a flat head v-8?..I think this would relate to most modelers and the larger size would make a good runner in On30. Every one needs a MOW vehicle.

Also the 18' freight cars are nice! and thanks Bachmann.

Royce

Chris9017

A Westside Lumber Company 3-truck shay locomotive would be awesome, Westside number 7, or 15 both in different road names. 

Road names

Swane Lumber Company (Westside 7)

Westside Lumber Company (Both Westside 7 and 15)

Sierra Nevada Lumber Company (Westside 15

Butte & Flumes Lumber Company (Westside 7)

Painted unlettered steal cab in both with red and white stripes and plain black (Westside 7)

Painted Unlettered wood cab in both red and white stripes (Westside 15)

The price on here would be about $600-$800 but would sell on the market for as low as $350 to about $400 & $500 as an average, and no doubt be hot sell outs since Westside shays are probably the most popular shays with model railroaders, and numbers 7 and 15 given they are 60 tonners that are nearly identical with the exception of the air pump & dynamo location, and cab construction material.  They would be a great size on layouts, and will be great sellers.   I would buy both no doubt since shays 7 and 15 are my favorites (7 being my favorite today in general and 15 a favorite for when she was at Westside). 

They will probably be the hottest things for many model railroaders.

Also a 45 ton Diesel switch, I really want one on my O scale railroad for my On30 section.  They would be awesome.

EandRR

I'm easy to please. Re release the 2-6-0 with on board DCC/Sound and tender pick up.

Royce Wilson

I and Ignorant about the sound thing,I once owned a PFM sound unit and burned out on sound.
Would it be more cost effective for the buyer to by the standard off the shelf mogul and the add the sound and tender pickup?

Royce

railtwister

I'm with you on upgrading the 2-6-0 Mogul to have DCC, sound, and all-wheel pickup, I've been advocating for Bachmann to do that for a couple of years now. And more recently, I've also been thinking about an upgraded Davenport Gas-Mechanical with sound.

As for a Mason Bogie, while it would certainly be unique, I'm not sure it would be that practical for a couple of reasons. First, it wasn't that popular of a locomotive with the prototype railroads. Secondly, it would likely have similar problems to the Forney with extreme overhang causing coupler issues and long wheelbase that requires large radius curves.

Still what I would really like to see is a Sandy River 2-6-2 Prairie to compliment the Forney, pulpwood cars and side-door caboose. I also could be happy with a 2-6-2 logging tank loco.

Bill in FtL

LeoSt

steam wise: the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes RR 2-6-2 either #23 or #24 

diesel wise: a large diesel, White Pass & Yukon Route RR #98 or #103

coach wise: an open excursion coach on the standard under frame

Top of the list is the 2-6-2, and from what I read on the Internet not only on my list ;)

cheers, Leo

ebtnut

Something I think would fit in with Bachmann's small loco concept is Sandy River RR second No. 3, Old Star, a little outside-frame Mogul originally built for a still-born logging RR in North Carolina.  She became SR&RL No. 16, and was one of the locos rebuilt into a 2-6-2 by the MEC. 

TimR