News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams Brass Locomotives

Started by Richard Ketcham, October 22, 2011, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Ketcham

To all of you reading the Bachmann message board - I need your help. I have recently purchased 2 Williams brass locomotives. One is the NYC Hudson (4-6-4) made in the middle 1980s. The second is a brass PRR BF-15, (Baldwin Shark). Both run great but... Lubrication information would be great especially for the Hudson. Without some sort of "guide" I don't want to create more of a problem taking apart a nice loco just to try to lube the worm drive. I've seen it done too often - a nice loco made a mess of.

I would like to acquire maintenance manuals/owner manuals for each of these units. I have checked with Bachmann/Williams and they said that they didn't have these manuals. I've looked on the internet - no luck. Do any of you have them? I don't need originals - xerox copies would be fine.

R. Ketcham

3rail

Dear Mr. Ketchem,

There were not any elaborate instructions for any of the early Williams Locomotives.  Most just described the reversing unit and some had a simple diagram showing what screws to remove to take off the body shell.   Basically,  the gear box should be greased periodically and sparingly oil the axles.  Our conductive lube is good for the roller pickups.

Regards,

3rail

Richard Ketcham

Thanks for the information on the worm drive lubrication. There are 2 screws located between the pickup rollers that when removed expose the worm drive - lubed this and it appears to have solved most of the gear noise problem.

Again, thanks for your help.