News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Waranty Confusion ???

Started by SWARTWOUT, July 10, 2007, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWARTWOUT

I'm being told by a "Bachmann" e-mail that locos have a 90 days warantee and  he will not mention any "lifetime warantee".  90 days is it., BAM!
Has Bachmann dropped the lifetime warantee whereas after one year you send them 15 or 20 bucks to have an older loco repaired or replaced.

I recently got an N- Dash 8-40C replaced for $20 and I've just sent in another.

Hmmmm???

Hunt

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty

What does the e-mail actually state?

r0bert

Warranty Information

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.

Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement:
• HO & N Diesel: $10.00
• HO & N Steam: $15.00
• Spectrum® HO, N, and On30: $20.00
• Large Scale: $25.00

All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.
loco are lifetime!
everything else is 90 days only.

anoldrail

Judging from what I just read, it seems to me like the locomotive is covered.  Seems pretty plan to me.

I know from experence that that is true.  I sent in a locomotive I picked up in a garage sale that must have been 20 years old.  Had problems keeping the pilot wheels on, Bachmann replaced it with a brand new unit.  Good enough for me.

Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Buying items at swap meets or garage sales and returning them for warranty is exactly why the warrany has changed. It clearly states that the original receipt is needed.
I've had many people tell me at train shows that they were looking for old basket cases so they could trade them in on new models. They will spoil things for all of us...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

anoldrail

Dear Bach-man

Just read your comments concerning the warranty program that was/is in place concerning locomotives.  You seem to suggest that Bachmann’s decision to replace a locomotive I bought at a garage sale was, some how my fault and that I was, somehow, taking advantage of Bachmann. 

When I sent in the locomotive, I explained how I purchased it. What was wrong with it, and ask if Bachmann could/would repair it.  I also stated that if Bachmann didn’t want to repair it, please sent it back along with the money, minus shipping cost.

Your company elected to replace it.  Now keep in mind that I sent in a 2-8-0 and received in its place an 0-6-0 with an explanation that what I actually sent in was a 0-6-0.  Up until that time, I didn’t own an 0-6-0, so not sure how I could have sent one in (and I do know the difference).  I wrote Bachmann and explain this, but since I wanted an 0-6-0 for my fleet, I was agreeable to this exchange.  I heard nothing from Bachmann, so I assumed this was also agreeable with the company.

I didn’t take advantage of anyone, and was completely up front as to acquisition of the locomotive.  All Bachmann would have needed to say was no to the repair or replacement.  Bachmann chose not to.  How could I or anyone else take advantage of a corporate decision. 

Rest assured I won’t do that again.

Respectfully
Dick McPherson

Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

the Bach-man

Dear Dick,
Thanks- I believe you, and the fact that the service department rewarded your honesty is a credit to you both. The fact is, however, that many people are not as honest, and that is part of the reason for the change. The service department will always try to do the right thing.
Glad you're one of the good guys!
Best,
the Bach-man

SWARTWOUT

OOOPS1
I'm sorry everybody but iI was conversing with the Atlas service dept.
No, my name isn't Homer.  I've found the Bachmann service dept. to be great when getting replacement locos.