News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW TRUCKS FOR BOX CARS

Started by FILWHO, October 19, 2011, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FILWHO

Hey Bachman,

1. When will the "new" box car trucks be available as a part purchase?  I have a couple of cars that the trucks have failed through the years and would like to replace them. As some others just because.
2.  My E7a Mars light stopped working in forward and now works in neutral. Seems like it is out of phase some how.   Any ideas?   Or is this a factory repair issue?
Thanks,
Phil

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes:

to quote from your post:

"When will the "new" box car trucks be available as a part purchase?  I have a couple of cars that the trucks have failed through the years and would like to replace them. As some others just because. "

My suggestion would be to try purchasing readily available freight car trucks from either Lionel or MTH. I'm not 100% certain if WBB will have their own brand of trucks available as a part purcahse. I have some pre WBB boxcars, as well as madison passenger cars and amfleet cars. I have experienced no problems with them, and the trucks are still in excellent condition

Hope this helps.

-JP 
Sincerely: JP

rtraincollector

Contact marty at http://www.mapajunction.com/ he might be able to help you sometimes he has some parts others don't

FILWHO

Thanks for the relies, I just returned from traveling and finally caught up.  I have several old MTH trucks, I give them a try.....