News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

private road cars

Started by SteamGene, February 08, 2007, 05:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

Are there others here who have cars lettered for their private road?  I'm beginning a "fake train" - one with nothing but private roads.  So far I have my own VT&P, two CB&W box cars, two Turtle Creek Central box cars, a Gorre and Daphetid box car and drover caboose, and a Bent Spaghetti Line 50' double door box.  If anybody would like to swap one of theirs for a VT&P box car (special paint scheme for the War Between the States Centenial - gray car with caboose red doors) let me know. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Private road name?

Just take a look at my website Gene.  There are dozens of cars lettered for the Great Eastern.

SteamGene

I know there are, Roger.  What I'm suggesting is swapping a Great Eastern for a VT&P, or swaps like that.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

rogertra

Gene.  I'd be interested in an everyday, run of the mill VT&P car.  I'm not into collecting "special" cars but an everyday car boxcar red kinda car would be fine.

SteamGene

The special gray with red doors centenial was striking, but not real common.  You are correct, most VT&P box cars were box car red, as were the hoppers.  The centenial hoppers were caboose red, but it really wasn't a practical color.  If interested, send me an e-mail.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat