News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Painting road lines

Started by bill collins, November 12, 2011, 07:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill collins

How long are the center lines for a road,  and how far is the space between them? These are to be the yellow single dash type.

Doneldon

bill-

It varies from place to place. I suggest that you either go measure the lines and spaces for the location you are modeling or just use lengths which look good on your pike. The second option is probably best. We compress lots of things in our modeling, so scale length lane lines often look too long on our short roads.

-- D

RAM

Just do what looks good.  I would hate to see you get hit while you are bent over measuring the lines

Jerrys HO

Bill-

I am with RAM, don't get hit. If you must be scale length call your local DOT dept. I am sure they will be happy to help.

Jerry

Len

Google "Highway Marking Standards" and you'll get a bunch of documentation for various state standards on highway markings. Most of these are based on the Federal guide found at: http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/ser-shs_millennium_eng.htm

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.