News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Anouncemets?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, July 11, 2007, 10:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisemodserv

Hello All,

Talked to Lee Riley breifly last night and He would not tell me anythin, but did say Friday would be like christmas morning for the On30 guys.  He said everyone should be really pleased!

FYI We are also going to have about 30 new kits at the Narrow Gauge Convention.

Keith Wiseman
Wiseman Model Services 

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Based on soooo much of what has been said here and on other forums,  it would not surprise me if Bachmann announced a 4-4-0 engine.  After all,  they already offer them in large scale.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Sjack

Quote from: wisemodserv on July 25, 2007, 11:56:03 PM

FYI We are also going to have about 30 new kits at the Narrow Gauge Convention.

Keith Wiseman
Wiseman Model Services 

OK, I understand not getting out of Lee Riley, but no clues on your new offerings, Keith?

PHIL S

I noticed that Caboose Hobbies has listed six versions of the 4-4-0  in On30  along with part numbers, all manufactured by Bachmann. Are these the long awaited new announcements? or just speculation by Caboose Hobbies? More fuel for the fires of anticipation!

ksivils

Sure enough, Caboose Hobbies lists the 4-4-0 as Bachmann to be pre-ordered.  Kind of suprising considering MMI is also going to to a 4-4-0.

Will be interesting to see what happens!

Hopefully more than just one new item will be introduced for On30!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The announcements are posted. Our 4-4-0 will be very similar to the Mt. Gretna Narrow Gauge locomotive that was built on-order by Baldwin in 1889. The order was place on 22 June, and the locomotive was delivered on 2 July, in time for the Independence Day celebration. Eight working days! Ours took longer!
I hope we'll have pictures soon. The samples are at the show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

wisemodserv

Here is part of the listing.

6 different versions of Willamette Donkey Engines.
D&RGW Derrick OP
D&RGW  OQ or Marion Steam Shovel
Eureka Mill 4 wheel Ore cars
Eureka Mill 4 wheel Flat cars
Water car and other small cars based on the smae design over the next year.
RGS PLow Flanger O2
A surveyers car which is a Flat Car/4 window passenger car. Really neat!
D&RGW 50,000 gallon Water tank
About 150 new white metal detail parts
Also about 25-30 HO and HOn3 kits as well including structures,rolling stock and  many HO detail castings.

I am sure I forgot something.

We have cast over 300 pounds of pewter in the past month!! Been way too busy!

Keith
Wiseman Model Services
606-267-3466

mmiller

Quote from: the Bach-man on July 26, 2007, 11:19:29 PM
Dear All,
The announcements are posted. Our 4-4-0 will be very similar to the Mt. Gretna Narrow Gauge locomotive I hope we'll have pictures soon. The samples are at the show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

for any of you that have some Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette's around there are some pictures of Mallory Ferrell's model of the Mt. Gretna 4-4-0 and a picture of the prototype...

not exactly what I'm interested in, but I hope that others will like it :-/

mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

hminky

Quote from: mmiller on July 27, 2007, 01:32:55 AM
Quote from: the Bach-man on July 26, 2007, 11:19:29 PM
Dear All,
The announcements are posted. Our 4-4-0 will be very similar to the Mt. Gretna Narrow Gauge locomotive I hope we'll have pictures soon. The samples are at the show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

for any of you that have some Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette's around there are some pictures of Mallory Ferrell's model of the Mt. Gretna 4-4-0 and a picture of the prototype...

not exactly what I'm interested in, but I hope that others will like it :-/

Talk about off-beat prototypes, it is probably the worst looking narrow gauge 4-4-0 ever built. I just looked at the plans in the Model Railroader Steam Encyclopedia.

That will be a letdown to many people.

Harold

Dusten Barefoot

What about a 4-6-0? is that going to be next year? :-[ ??? :(, Well the 4-4-0 aint that bad looking, I like it, but B-mann did say it was simular, not all the same thing. We dont need to shoot Bachmann down in flames. :P
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.P.R.R. Manager

Personally, I'm hyped.  Once again, Bachmann has simplified my wife's Christmas shopping.  Now that I think about it, a few years ago, right after the Bachmann announcements for the upcoming year were made, I realized that since a 4-4-0 wasn't in that round of announcements, there wouldn't be one made for at least 2 years.  So, when I saw a good price on the Large Scale 4-4-0, I bought one, and it remains my only Large Scale purchase.  Looks great in the office.

Looking forward to the photos.

finderskeepers

[/quote]

Talk about off-beat prototypes, it is probably the worst looking narrow gauge 4-4-0 ever built. I just looked at the plans in the Model Railroader Steam Encyclopedia.

Harold
[/quote]

I thought it was odd to pick a 2' 4-4-0 as the prototype, I thought they would do something more central american, but I guess the forces of tiny won out on this one.

kendoitall

Quote from: finderskeepers on July 27, 2007, 10:11:46 AM

Harold
[/quote]

I thought it was odd to pick a 2' 4-4-0 as the prototype, I thought they would do something more central american, but I guess the forces of tiny won out on this one.
[/quote]

According to some sources online, the Mt. Gretna had "the only 24-inch gauge 4-4-0s ever operated in North America."
http://www.tvwiki.tv/wiki/Mount_Gretna_Narrow_Gauge_Railway
I guess that explains the choice. As a freelance builder, it will do just fine with me though.

Ken
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

ASIANLIFE

I don't see too many happy faces concerning the 4-4-0 and it does seem a strange choice. The announcement actually referred to more news at the Chicago show in October, so we may still have something else,.

Having said that if I was Bachmann I would do all the announcements at this show especially at this time in the year to help the Christmas present list.

I will look forward to a photo of this 4-4-0 before condeming it.