Just for fun - what's your favorite Bachmann On30 locomotive?

Started by kcsivils1, November 23, 2011, 01:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Wilson

I once saw a photo of a gasoline heisler in the book by Kock, I think it was the last of the Heislers made. Kinda looked like a diesel with Heisler trucks underneath.

Royce

ForThemPanzerz

Quote from: railtwister on November 30, 2011, 12:05:29 AM
Quote from: mr shay on November 27, 2011, 08:52:37 PM
the shay and the 2-8-0 but they both have there problems. I'm sad that the 2-8-0 has a 22 max radius because i got it just for my 18" radius Christmas mega layout. but then again now i have the great little shay.

That's odd because my consolidation has run OK on my little 4x8 layout which has some 18" radius snaptrack curves on the inner loop. I did put the snap track down carefully, and I used the aluminum "sweep" track gauges from Ribbonrail to be sure I didn't get any kinks in the curve. If you can find the room, try putting a section (or 2/3 of a section which works out to 15 degrees) of 22" snap track at the beginning and exit of your 18" radius curves to act as a sort of poor man's easements, it might help.

Of course, I don't run any of my locos at high speeds, especially through the curves. Usually it runs just a bit faster than minimum speed, which seems more realistic.

Bill in FL
what i meant was I have a 2-8-0 that's headlight never worked even after i checked the front wires but it still runs at slow speeds on our Christmas 18" radius but it still is fine it will be running with the along with the shay and 2 standard gauge loops of O scale with a Santa Fe super chief Lionel and a Christmas steam Lionel.
Forumfield