A couple of questions for the Bachmann (or other Bachmann official)

Started by WantinDCC, July 12, 2007, 08:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WantinDCC

1. Can I use Atlas (or similar brand) Code 80 rail joiners as replacements for ones that have fallen off or became bent on MY N Scale EZ track?

2. Is N Scale EZ track Code 80?

3. I'm having a problem sending PM's to you or anyone else.. Also why does post count stay at zero? ???

nscaler711

I can help.
Yes you can use Atlas rail joiners for Bmann track
Yes it is Code 80 track (Bmann is to cheap to do Code 55  ;) )
Try and PM me just for a test ill PM you first then you can try and reply back ok?
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Bojangle

Many were using the post count as a competition.  It is not the quantity that counts, but rather the quality. Anyway the post count has been turned off.

I would respectfully like to remind members that this board is sponsored by Bachmann at considerable expenditure of time and funds.  Please do not use derogatory descriptions about Bachmann's products ( or any other manufacturer for that matter).  Remember what "Thumper's mother" said?

Bo

fieromike

Quote from: Bojangle on July 18, 2007, 01:13:49 AM
Many were using the post count as a competition.  It is not the quantity that counts, but rather the quality. Anyway the post count has been turned off.

I would respectfully like to remind members that this board is sponsored by Bachmann at considerable expenditure of time and funds.  Please do not use derogatory descriptions about Bachmann's products ( or any other manufacturer for that matter).  Remember what "Thumper's mother" said?

Bo

The downside to giving glowing reviews to every POS that ANY manufacturer comes out with is that they will continue to go the cheap route.  You want trainset quality equipment?  Just heap praise on that loco that won't stay on straight and level track.  Personally, I'd rather be critical of a poor running, or grossly inaccurate model.  Maybe the mfgr will try harder next time.  Anyone want Atlas to bring back their 60's-70's Rivarossi steamers, or any number of other truly crappy toys disguiused as models?
I can appreciate Bachmann hosting this forum. If they're smart, they are taking notes to try to do any of their offerings better next time

Mike

anoldrail

Mike
I agree with many of your points.  Bachmann and Atlas both host forms that give us modelers a chance to air our concerns.  I do believe that Bachmann does take into account most of our concerns.  If expressed in a polite and courteous manor it will be received in a more positive way.  Given the limited number of buyers for model railroad products, and the cost of operations, designing, manufacturing, marketing, etc., I believe all manufactures work very hard to produce quality products.  Given the size of N scale products, I for one, am amazed that the things run at all.  This is especially true of the steam locomotive like the Challenger and Big Boy.  Given all of this, it is inevitable that once in a while part of a production run will go bad, i.e. Atherns Challenger,  but they stepped up to the plate and tried to make it right.  While I would like to see a more standard configuration of knuckle couplers, I can’t really complain to much.
Just my thoughts on this topic.

Regards
Dick

Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn