Just for fun - what's your favorite Bachmann On30 locomotive?

Started by kcsivils1, November 23, 2011, 01:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcsivils1

Just for fun - what is your favorite On30 locomotive that Bachmann manufactures? Limit ONE! ;D

Mine is the OF 4-4-0!

Anubis

I love my Forney! :-*

Especially now that she has been converted to a 2-4-0 with short tender...

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Dusten Barefoot

I would have to say the Ten Wheeler. The 2-6-0 is a close 2nd though. If the 4-4-0 was an 8-18c then that would be my absolute favorite. Whoops I think I said too many. Sorry ;D

Rock On!
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ForThemPanzerz

Forumfield

S. Calloway

The ten wheeler.  I live thirty minutes from where the former ET&WNC(Tweetsie) now resides in Blowing Rock,NC and to see and hear that engine is a treat indeed!  Bachmann has done a good job with this engine. The Colorado railroads are great,but some of us still like railroads elsewhere. That is the great thing about modeling, to each his own!  DC

Tomcat

The 2-8-0. Basis for various kitbashes into D&RGW engines (C-21 No. 360,361 and C-25 No.375)
Love that chunky Consolidation...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

NarrowMinded

I love the 2-8-0, the funny thing is I have not bought one yet due to the tight radius I have to live with.  (I run Porters)

I would hate to buy one and just leave it sitting on the self, someday....

NM-Jeff

railtwister

While I love my On30 Forneys with sound because I really like the Maine Two Footers, I must confess that I think the best Bachmann On30 steam loco is their Outside Frame 2-8-0, because it is such a sweet runner. I am also very fond of the little DCC equipped Davenport side-rod Gas Mechanical locos, and have several. I will probably purchase a couple of DCC/Sound Porters next to replace my analog ones.

Bill in FL

0n30nutz

If it ain't steam, it ain't...

ForThemPanzerz

the shay and the 2-8-0 but they both have there problems. i'm sad that the 2-8-0 has a 22 max radius because i got it just for my 18" radius christmas mega layout. but then again now i have the great little shay.
Forumfield

fredlove2laugh

My favorite Bachmann On30 locomotive will be the engine Bachmann releases that is fictional, yet possible. Like a GP-9 or somethn'; an engine that is inspired, not planned off a porototype.

Fred

Royce Wilson

What happened to the discussion about the WW1 military trench engines either 2-6-2 and the 4-6-0.
This would be a nice size for a small narrow gauge pike.

Royce

ChrisS

2-8-0 with an actual tsunami installed, THEN its a super sweet running loco.... especially when double headed.

railtwister

Quote from: mr shay on November 27, 2011, 08:52:37 PM
the shay and the 2-8-0 but they both have there problems. i'm sad that the 2-8-0 has a 22 max radius because i got it just for my 18" radius christmas mega layout. but then again now i have the great little shay.

That's odd because my consolidation has run OK on my little 4x8 layout which has some 18" radius snaptrack curves on the inner loop. I did put the snap track down carefully, and I used the aluminum "sweep" track gauges from Ribbonrail to be sure I didn't get any kinks in the curve. If you can find the room, try putting a section (or 2/3 of a section which works out to 15 degrees) of 22" snap track at the beginning and exit of your 18" radius curves to act as a sort of poor man's easements, it might help.

Of course, I don't run any of my locos at high speeds, especially through the curves. Usually it runs just a bit faster than minimum speed, which seems more realistic.

Bill in FL

Royce Wilson

How about using the Porters running gear with a new  wagontop  boiler to make a 0-4-0 with a small 4 wheel tender,wood cab, kinda like a small logging engine. ;D
The modelers love the Porters and we need more Mr. Bachmann!

Royce